Giggs does his bit for Anglo-French relations

bjd

Ryan Giggs has revealed that the referee gave him permission to take the quick free-kick that sparked such controversy in Manchester United's Champions League win over Lille.

"The ref came over and said do you want the whistle, and I said no, I'll take a quick one," Giggs explained to the Manchester Evening News.

"So I said to Wayne, put the ball down, and that was it. I was pleased to see it go in, if it hadn't I probably would have had a few words off the boss!"

"Obviously I was pleased with the result, it was a somewhat contentious goal, but I'm obviously pleased with the points (sic).

"But the last time I scored a goal like that, no one thought about walking off the pitch.

"I was just amazed by what was happening around us, we didn't know what was going on, but that's the French I suppose."

icon_lol.gif silly sod

Funnily enough I got an e-mail from my old boy today - now my old boy and my step Mum live about 40 miles from Bordeaux in a very rural area with only a handful of neighbours.

It just so happens that one of the neighbours has had his his rape fields blighted by green fly this year and as a consequence he may have to sell his farm.

My old man was over at his farm yesterday evening for a little cognac and they were discussing his foul fortune.

The neighbour shugged his shouders, sighed, then muttered 'Je bl?me Bluebeard'

Funnily enough I got an e-mail from my old boy today - now my old boy and my step Mum live about 40 miles from Bordeaux in a very rural area with only a handful of neighbours.

It just so happens that one of the neighbours has had his his rape fields blighted by green fly this year and as a consequence he may have to sell his farm.

My old man was over at his farm yesterday evening for a little cognac and they were discussing his foul fortune.

The neighbour shugged his shouders, sighed, then muttered 'Je bl?me Bluebeard'

Well, that daydream I had about dusting French farms with insects & pests seems to have come true - at last.......how did he know it was me??? icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Archived