Lukaku - Blumming Useless ?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Neither wanted to stay though, both wanted to start games but were not prepared to stay and earn it.

We got offered more money than we paid for them and got 2 unhappy players off the books.

Yes now it looks to have been a bad move but at the time it was the correct move for all parties involved.

I really wish people would stop brining it up every 2 minutes, it's going over old ground over and over again.

Pointless

It was and is the biggest mistake in your history, Chelsbear.

And it's not over yet.

Yep. I can believe people brinning it up every 2 minutes.

You don't know much about our history if you think Lukaku is our biggest mistake.

We have sold far better players than him before

Right.

I don't.

But I read the International world press, every day.

Not only in English.

But also in Flemisch, Dutch, French and German.

You have a bigger problem than only Lukaku or KDB, Chelsbear.

Hope you learn from it.

Right.

I don't.

But I read the International world press, every day.

Not only in English.

But also in Flemisch, Dutch, French and German.

You have a bigger problem than only Lukaku or KDB, Chelsbear.

Hope you learn from it.

I didn't say we didn't.....

We obviously have problem and right now it's got nothing to do with those players.

Neither wanted to stay though, both wanted to start games but were not prepared to stay and earn it.

We got offered more money than we paid for them and got 2 unhappy players off the books.

Yes now it looks to have been a bad move but at the time it was the correct move for all parties involved.

I really wish people would stop brining it up every 2 minutes, it's going over old ground over and over again.

Pointless

Agreed mate fed up of hearing the same old tired sh*t.

No point of these topics, You weren't making them when we won the double a few months ago.

There is always a point for discussion when things go pear-shaped as they have this season. And some of us WERE questioning the decisions at the time.

I love Jose, but have to question his short-term thinking. Of course it is easy in hindsight and yes we got good, even unbelievable money for some of the players we got rid of - Luiz, Mata, Schurrle, KDB and Lukaku. Yes we won the PL last season but right now how does letting so much talent go look when you see how our squad is under-performing like no other Chelsea team in recent seasons? You have to question it. Just as you have to question keep trying to play players back in to form when we have a number of youngsters deserving of a chance.

Edited by Nibs

There is always a point for discussion when things go pear-shaped as they have this season. And some of us WERE questioning the decisions at the time.

I love Jose, but have to question his short-term thinking. Of course it is easy in hindsight and yes we got good, even unbelievable money for some of the players we got rid of - Luiz, Mata, Schurrle, KDB and Lukaku. Yes we won the PL last season but right now how does letting so much talent go look when you see how our squad is under-performing like no other Chelsea team in recent seasons? You have to question it. Just as you have to question keep trying to play players back in to form when we have a number of youngsters deserving of a chance.

Too much obsession with FFP.

The club were banging the drum about selling to buy and it made us short sighted in our transfer dealings.

Sold Lukaku, KDB, Mata, Luiz and Schurrle because the money offered looked good on the books.

But the truth is and I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing, we'd be much better off now if we'd hung onto those players.

And the club as a collective have been very poor in the last two transfer windows with no one really sure what the plan is, except to apparently weaken the team.

No one knows how they would be if we kept them.

Injuries, poor form and so on. Look at Schurrle, guys been terrible and constantly dogged with injury after we sold him...he's been no loss at all tbh.

Costa was tearing the league apart and made Lukaku look like a show pony but he got injured again and again so now looks shot. That's just bad luck and it easily could have happened to any of those players we sold.

We sold them at a time we were nowhere near winning the EPL and we won it at a canter with the new players we brought in instead. That to me says it was the right thing to do at the time.

Edited by Chelsbear

Yep. Indeed,  Chelsbear. 

That's the big problem.

So much bad luck, and misunderstandings, and other problems, and bad luck again, and misunderstandings, and other problems, and bad luck, and angry players, and ...

It could have happened to any other club.

We sold them at a time we were nowhere near winning the EPL and we won it at a canter with the new players we brought in instead. That to me says it was the right thing to do at the time.

Or, good short-term business bad long-term.

Or, good short-term business bad long-term.

Long term I'm sure we didn't expect Costas form to go the way of Torres or 12 odd players to take the hump at the same time.

Of course if you have someone who can tell the future then yeah.

We were a far better team last season than we ever were with those players we sold, our train wreck this season will never change that.

I appreciate if you brought in KDB, Lukaku and the others we would be a better side just now but it's not as simple as that.

They have become the players they have done today because of events and experiences at clubs they have been to since they left us.

Kevin De Bruyne is the Chelsea 147 minutes player, Chelsbear!

He never, never had a change in Chelsea!

Yes we have been over this for over a year now...

He obviously never impressed in those minutes or in training, he had guys like Mata, Lampard and Hazard ahead of him and those players were simply better than KDB at that point.

You cant walk into a side like Chelsea, he wanted to go and we didn't see him as a player who wanted to knuckle down and earn a spot.

He moved and became a better player with playing every week in Germany, he wouldn't have got that here.

These things happen, we went on to win the league and cup double and he got his move to City. I don't see the need to see it any other way than that.

No. It was between him and Schürrle. And Schürrle had more changes.

Where's Andre now?

That's a long term vision.

Schurrle had more chances because he showed better form and was productive.

I don't see what's so difficult about this tbh, KDB wasn't as good as those ahead of him so didn't play. He got frustrated and requested to leave.

Schurrle moved on as I assume you know and has since been dogged with poor form and injuries.

Anymore old ground you want to go over?

I remember that Kevin was the best man in the preparation.

Better than Andre. Everyone expected him in the final against Bayer.

After the final, Chelsea was awful the first games. Just like now.

I see a lot of frustated players and some realy wants to leave.

Your old ground is back and even worst.

Just because he was better than him a year later in a different team and country does not mean he was better when they were both at Chelsea.

Those who want to leave can, we have no place for them. I honestly couldn't care who it was. Hazard or whoever because Chelsea is far FAR bigger than any of those players and always will be.