Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carrickblue

Rangers Vs Hibernian (SC) 21-5-16 KickOff 15:00 BST

So the club is trying to absolve the Rangers fans who also invaded the pitch of any blame? Questionable logic there.

I don't think they are but there really is a need for the focus to be on the assaults on players. We see many pitch invasions after play-offs and cup finals, they are mostly good natured but yesterday clearly wasn't, people entered the field of play and thought it was ok to punch or kick some of the players. Unfortunately so far the media in Scotland and the football authorities seem to want to brush that under the carpet. I understand that Andy Halliday was kicked in the head by a Hibs fan and that that incident sparked a number of Rangers fans seeking to get on to the pitch. 

I was going to bow out of this thread but was interested in what the thoughts on that statement would be.

They weren't too concerned about the women and children as they let off numerous smoke bombs and sang their usual songbook of killing fen**ns.

Rangers trying to play the Angels in this is cringeworthy as there's evidence to the contrary.

Yes many Hibs fans were in the wrong and will be punished but Rangers are by no means saints as they are trying to mske themselves out to be.

Short memories, I don't remember them clambering to condemn their own fans behaviour after destroying half of Manchester.

Anyway I'll bow out now as I don't want to argue with a fellow Chelsea fan on a Chelsea forum about Rangers or Hibs!

All the best next season, unless we get you in the cup obviously!!

Likewise I have every respect for your contribution to this thread but I'm sure you can well imagine the outcry there would have been from the First Minister, the SFA, Hibernian FC and the media if yesterday's events had been reversed and it had been thousands of Rangers fans who had invaded the pitch and assaulted Hibs players. There are double standards in Scotland. The reaction to yesterday's events is clear proof of that. 

Seems both chelsea and rangers are victims of double standards...that statement could have released by chelsea after the farce that saw them get fined more than Spurs for their opponents acting like thugs and Spurs hardly getting criticism from anyone about their behaviour...in fact they were praised for showing a nasty streak

Hibs fans have clearly brought Scottish football to its knees and anyone claiming otherwise will do so through bias.

Every single club supporter up here have slated Hibs fans and it's not an isolated incident. They have ruined the occasion of their lifetimes and it'll be sadly remembered for the wrong reasons. Only Hibs could actually Hibs a Scottish Cup victory celebration. Despicable club.

I think it's telling Celtic and Rangers went to a penalty shootout and there were no such scenes at the end.

Hibernian supporters instigated this and assaulted the players and management staff. It's a very serious issue and thankfully the club are taking a very heavy stance on it. Calls for Petrie to resign are getting louder.

A really fair article from Ruth Dudley Edwards. Dudley Edwards is a noted Irish journalist who usually writes for the Irish Sunday Independent.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/ruth-dudley-edwards/success-on-the-pitch-would-be-the-perfect-way-for-resurgent-rangers-to-confound-those-who-choose-to-demonise-club-34774268.html