Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carrickblue

Rangers Vs Hibernian (SC) 21-5-16 KickOff 15:00 BST

No complaints...hibs the better side...lessons learned for rangers ahead of premier league return...have to get defenders in...they're hopeless at the back...

Classless from hibs fans though...fcuking idiots

Rangers players and staff attacked by Hibs fans after final whistle...what twats...

Sectarian singing throughout the game directed at Stubbs, a man attacking police horses.

I get this is a Rangers sub branch of the forum so will be biased but to call other supporters classless while yours are singing about people being fen**n bar stewards is ridiculous.

Sectarian singing throughout the game directed at Stubbs, a man attacking police horses.

I get this is a Rangers sub branch of the forum so will be biased but to call other supporters classless while yours are singing about people being fen**n bar stewards is ridiculous.

Once witnessed a nasty pub incident as far south as can be over calling f*****n.

This, fella! Fekin ridiculous, we are all human. Graves of a Catholic wife and Protestant husband.

post-11479-0-19463900-1463851191_thumb.jpg

Rangers Never been saints and those chants nothing to do with me, but assaulting rangers players and staff? Overshadowing hibs greatest moment? Players couldn't even do lap of honour..,trophy presented in front of line of police and police horses? Think it's fair enough to call hibs fans responsible classless and twats...you should do the same...and as I said earlier, hibs thoroughly deserved to win so it's not sour grapes from me

Rangers Never been saints and those chants nothing to do with me, but assaulting rangers players and staff? Overshadowing hibs greatest moment? Players couldn't even do lap of honour..,trophy presented in front of line of police and police horses? Think it's fair enough to call hibs fans responsible classless and twats...you should do the same...and as I said earlier, hibs thoroughly deserved to win so it's not sour grapes from me

I'm waiting for proof mate, I have seen a lot of social media comments etc but no photos or videos yet, if I do I'll happily take it back and if you're correct and it did happen, they are a disgrace, but your post cane across (to me) as a generalisation of Hibs fans, apologies if I've picked it up wrong.

I just find it hard to believe in a stadium of 50,000 people and all the TV coverage, there's still no evidence been posted on social media? Maybe it'll come out in a while and if it does, those responsible should be glad accountable for what they've done 100%.

I thought Halliday's goal had won it but our woeful defending for those two corners cost us dearly. Still, Rangers have had a great season and the future looks bright.

As for the pitch invasion - I can understand the release of emotion for the Hibs fans after waiting all those years for cup success but these things inevitably turn sour.

I find it hard to congratulate Hibs, not because of today's events but because of the attitude of their Chairman Rod Petrie and the board of Hibernian FC to Rangers back in 2011. There is some karma in the fact that after Rangers were dispatched to the bottom tier of Scottish football Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian and now Dundee United have each suffered relegation themselves.  

Like Chelsea, how Rangers prepare over the summer is critical. Both my beloved teams face big challenges next season - here's hoping Conte and Warburton can find answers to the weaknesses within their squads and can each lead their teams to success in 2016/17. 

I think the SFA made a huge error of judgement in allowing the cup to be presented to Hibs after the pitch was cleared. What signal does that send? That it's ok to run on to the field of play, punch, kick, shove and spit on the opposition players; sure we can just carry on as normal?

Imho the better thing would have been no trophy presentation yesterday, that would have said that the behaviour had marred Scottish football's showcase event and was unacceptable.

image.jpeg.a803208280c0ca6a1cadc1805edd8

And another...

Yup, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong, I seen these this morning and was just coming on to say so.

f**king idiots.

There's always got to be some arseholes who ruin it for everyone else. Unacceptable behaviour anywhere let alone at a football game that's a showcase for our national game.

I hope those pictures help nail the pricks and they never see another football game in the UK in their lifetime, the police should crack down on the troublemakers from both sides.

I'll still defend the pitch invasion as I like seeing that, I love it in the playoffs and things when teams are promoted down south, but stick to celebrations, no need to go near the Rangers fans or players and staff, it's unacceptable as well as the vandalising the goalposts and things, what the f**k is the point in that?!

The gloves are off. A superb statement from Rangers today. ::clap2::

Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian’s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday’s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted. We have not even had the courtesy of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the wellbeing of those who were attacked by their club’s supporters.

There must be a full independent investigation into the shameful scenes at Hampden. Rangers is also at a complete loss to understand why certain individuals have hastily attempted to gloss over the appalling events which unfolded at the end of Saturday’s final.

No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted. What unfolded on Saturday cannot and must not be put down to exuberance. That is a complete insult to Rangers, our supporters, and those individuals who were intimidated and attacked.

It was clear to most of those who watched in horror that the Scottish FA’s security procedures failed when Hibernian’s fans went over the top in their thousands.  It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.

We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.

These fans were allowed to rush, unchecked, towards Rangers supporters at the opposite end of the stadium – all the while goading and threatening them. This makes it preposterous to suggest Rangers fans were somehow to blame as some commentators appear anxious to do. This thuggish behaviour must be investigated and as many culprits as possible brought to book and formally charged. This is the second time in a year that Rangers fans have had to endure attacks by another club’s supporters.

It must also be said that it was not at all helpful to see leading members of the Scottish Government, including the First Minister whose parish is Govan, passing comment on social media without any attempt to condemn the behaviour of Hibernian’s fans. These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives.

Certain media outlets have also attempted to distort reality.  In the case of the BBC this is, of course, not news. BBC employees, in particular Stuart Cosgrove, believe Rod Petrie’s comments to be ‘balanced’ and others speak of a ‘minority’ of Hibernian supporters. Another, Tom English, who was not even at the match, would prefer the authorities to focus on Rangers fans’ reaction. We will not endure this insult.

So, let everyone be clear on one thing – Rangers demands that players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs. Rangers fully expects the Scottish FA and Police Scotland to take action to provide our people with a safe environment. When players are unable to accept medals at the end of a final because of fears for their safety and our supporters are alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them, then surely every step must be taken to ensure that this is never repeated.

Article Copyright © 2016. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk

I was going to bow out of this thread but was interested in what the thoughts on that statement would be.

They weren't too concerned about the women and children as they let off numerous smoke bombs and sang their usual songbook of killing fen**ns.

Rangers trying to play the Angels in this is cringeworthy as there's evidence to the contrary.

Yes many Hibs fans were in the wrong and will be punished but Rangers are by no means saints as they are trying to mske themselves out to be.

Short memories, I don't remember them clambering to condemn their own fans behaviour after destroying half of Manchester.

Anyway I'll bow out now as I don't want to argue with a fellow Chelsea fan on a Chelsea forum about Rangers or Hibs!

All the best next season, unless we get you in the cup obviously!!