Liverpool Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 25 Nov 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

23 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

I saw one player being constantly fouled, just as I see the same player being constantly fouled every game, it's the same player that gets singled out for more treatment than any other player in the Prem, by far, and I see refs doing very little to stop it, including Oliver last night. In my opinion you guys have become desensitised to it, you no longer see it as anything exceptional, because you've become so accustomed to it. If you were following another team you'd realise it's not normal. When a player gets fouled as often as he does, more cards should be dished out, it's that simple. Hazard will leave this league eventually, he'll play for another club, and he'll get a lot more protection. I guarantee you.

Spot on Dave. 

A recent article had a couple of parts about this. 

"Do I get a lot of bruises? Yes. Sometimes I’m feeling a lot. I get a lot of fouls, a lot on my ankle.

While Hazard is reluctant to moan about the behaviour of opponents, Standard Sportunderstands he is getting worried about how he is being singled out on the pitch.

It is understood the Belgium international, who has been the most fouled player in the Premier League since 2014, returned to London with his legs covered in bruises.

Poor guy......he has every right to do something about it. The Club should make some noise about this.....or Conte. And it will only get worse.......all the managers know that its open season on Eden.....they know he's the danger man and know you can slice him up without issues.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Makes me think at times sometimes we need the whole team to stand up for Eden, was it England against the Springboks in 70's after the nasty challenge the whole team waded in for a fist fight to stop their bullies attacking the less physical players.

It was the Lions. There was a legendary, pre-arranged shout of '99', at which the whole team piled in if any player was being targeted at any time. I think any player could shout 99, not just the captain, but I could be wrong. 

In rugby union, the "99" call was a policy of simultaneous retaliation by the Lions during their 1974 tour to South Africa.[1] The tour was marred by on-pitch violence, which the match officials did little to control and the relative absence of cameras compared to the modern game made citing and punishment after the fact unlikely.[2][a]

Lions' captain Willie John McBride therefore instigated a policy of "one in, all in" - that is, when one Lion retaliated, all other Lions were expected to join in the melee or hit the nearest Springbok.[3] By doing so, the referee would be unable to identify any single instigator and so would be left with the choice of sending off all or none of the team. In this respect, the "99" call was extremely successful, as no Lions player was sent off during the tour.

Here's some footage:

If we tried that, the FA would send off the entire team, fine the club £1 billion for not controlling its players, and award 3 points to our opponents for every game against Chelsea for the next 10 years.

Edited by Backbiter

Yeah that's it ... the Lions. 

I suppose the other way would be to counter target their star man perhaps in this case Coutinho with different players doing it. When the captains are called together then make the point about Hazard not being protected. It would need organisation though.