End of 2017 Loan Assessments

Tammy Abraham - Swansea

Position: Striker
Played: 22
Scored: 5

My brief assessment: Still got a long way to go and lots to work on. His hold up play isn't the best, and he disappears a lot, though this is not helped by Swansea being the worst team in the league by some distance and creating very little. Hopefully he can push on into the 2nd half of the season, maybe pick himself up another 5+ goals and get into double figures. But he will need another loan next season, unless something drastic happens, he won't be ready for Chelsea next season.

Highlights:

Lewis Baker - Middlesbrough

Position: Midfield
Played: 11
Scored: 2

Has been struggling to get into the team and could potentially be recalled in Jan and sent somewhere else. Though with Garry Monk having just left Boro, he might be able to force his way into Pulis's plans.

Highlights:

Jamal Blackman - Sheffield Utd

Position: GK
Played: 20
Clean Sheets: unknown - around 5/6

Seems to be the first choice keeper. Sheffield are doing reasonably well, pushing for the playoffs, so we'll see how far they can go throughout the rest of the season.

Highlights:

Izzy Brown - Brighton

Position: AM/ST
Played: 12 (4 starts)
Scored: 0

Struggling to step up to premier league standard. Is mostly on the bench and gets the occasional 5-10 minutes at the end. Started a few games in Dec, but they lost them and again he struggled to do much.

Highlights:

Charlie Colkett - Vitesse

Position: CM
Played: 9 (2 starts)

Not getting much game time. Has only made 2 starts and one of those he was taken off at half-time. Gets the occasional cameo at the end of games, but safe to say he's not setting the world alight over there.

Highlights:

Fankaty Dabo - Vitesse

Position: RB
Played: 22

Seems to be getting quite a lot of games and holding down his spot. Other than that, I'm not sure how he's doing and unfortunately there was only really 1 video of him I could find from Vitesse....

Highlight:

Jay Dasilva - Charlton Athletic

Position: LB
Played: 25

First choice LB, seems to be playing nearly every game, so he's getting good experience. They are on a bad run of form, having not won for over a month, so we'll see how things progress.

Highlights:

Michael Hector - Hull City

Position: CB
Played: 27
Scored: 1

Quite why we still have a 25 year old out on loan I have no idea, his career is half over, might as well let him move on somewhere permanently. Anyway, he's doing well at Hull, plays every game. But pointless still having him on the books in my opinion.

Highlights:

Can't find any.

Jordan Houghton - Doncaster

Seems to be first choice, plays every game. But at 22 and still playing in League 1, there's probably no hope of him making it in the PL any time soon.

Highlights:

Can't find any.

Tomas Kalas - Fulham

Position: CB/RB
Played: 23

First choice at Fulham, playing quite well by the look of it, but another one like Hector, he's in his mid 20s now and really needs to forge a career for himself, instead of wasting it on loan.

Highlights:

Can't find any.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Crystal Palace

Position: CM/LM/LW
Played: 16

For me, the stand out loanee. He's been played mostly on the left wing at Palace, but he's doing really well. He's matured a lot, he uses his body very well to shield the ball, his control and passing is improving all the time and he always looks comfortable on it, even in tight spaces. He's got the ability to drive forward with it, but he's also got speed/trickery to beat players. Hopefully he will continue to do even better and force his way into our team next year, because he looks better than some of the midfield options we currently have.

Highlights:

Matt Miazga - Vitesse

First choice CB at Vitesse, plays every game. based on his performance ratings, he seems to be doing reasonably well, but this is the Dutch league, we'd need to see him at a PL club before making any judgements.

Highlights:

Can't find anything recent.

Mason Mount - Vitesse

Position: AM/CM
Played: 18
Scored: 3

Slow start to his Vitesse career, mostly on the bench up until mid-November, but since then has played 7 full games in a row, putting in some good performances and winning MotM twice. Hopefully he can continue his good form and next season a loan to a CH or PL club could be possible.

Highlights:

Kasey Palmer - Huddersfield

Position: CM/ACM
Played: 5 (1 start)

Injured for several months he played a few games at the start of the season, and 1 at the start of December. I believe he's available now, but not making the team yet. The Huddersfield fans loved him in the CH last season and were very happy to re-sign him on loan, so I wouldn't write off the loan spell yet, if he can get back to fitness and a run of games then we will see how he performs in the PL.

Highlights:

Nothing from this season.

Mario Pasalic - Spartak Moscow

Scored: 5

An odd one. He's done reasonably well at loan spells at Monaco, AC Milan and now Spartak, but he seems to be completely overlooked as a possible Chelsea player without even a chance, so I don't know what to say about him really.

Highlights:

Fikayo Tomori - Hull City

Position: CB/RB

Has played pretty much every game for Hull in a back 4 consisting of 3 Chelsea players (Hector and Aina). I can't find any highlights of him, but from what I saw briefly in pre-season, he looked strong and speedy. Let's see how Hull do at the end of the season and if they go up, they might want to take him back again.

Highlights:

Cannot find any.

Marco Van Ginkel - PSV

Played: 21
Scored: 11

Having a good season, getting plenty of goals (he takes penalties as well). Hard to say if he's any good or not though, as the Dutch league is quite poor and Stoke deemed him surplus to requirements last year. It's probably time to set this one free.

Highlights:

Ike Ugbo - Barnsley

Position: ST
Played: 17
Scored: 2

Performances have been going down hill through Nov and Dec and he's getting less and less game time. Only 2 goals to show for the season so far. Not looking promising.

Highlights:

Kurt Zouma - Stoke City

First choice CB, plays nearly every game. Has been putting in solid performances for the most part, usually around 7/7.5-10. Was playing in a back 3, but seems that Stoke have switched back to a back 4 recently after some thrashings. Spoke to a Stoke fan about him a few weeks ago and they are happy with him and would like to buy him. With Cahill probably heading off soon and Luiz looking like he's on his way, there could be a place for Zouma alongside Christensen, rotating with Rudiger.

Highlights:

Archived