Robben is back?

abramovich

The initial reports said around a month if I'm not mistaking. Today I read that he would be back in the end of the month so 10 days seems right.

Nice to have him back. We need all the players we can get now because we'll have a lot of big games during the end of the season. If we wanna win four trophies we will have to work our a*se off.

Kalou and Cole have done more than enough to get the nod over him.

Especially Joe he did so much really. icon_rolleyes.gif What did Joe Cole in the last months ?

changing the game, 2nd half against Valancia, in his 1st game for months springs to mind

Kalou and Cole have done more than enough to get the nod over him.

Especially Joe he did so much really. icon_rolleyes.gif What did Joe Cole in the last months ?

GB I can't believe the problem you have with Joe Cole icon_confused.gif

He's come back and looked pretty bloody good. Played well against Blackburn and if it wasn't for him, I really don't think we would have turned the game around against Valencia in the second half when he came on.

Robben is a decent player on his day but has been way too inconsistent. The fact is, as good as Robben can be, he hasn't given us anything like as much as Cole has up to now. You should accept that.

Didnt see a lot from him against Valencia. Robben impressed me a lot more in his matches. What did he do against Blackburn apart from one bad shot ? It was nothing at all.

That HAS to be a wind up icon_eek.gif

You have talked of Joe Cole bias in the past. What you have just come out with there is Robben bias to the extreme!!!

GET REAL!!

Nibs

I think it is now firmly established that when Chelsea play with Joe and not Robben then GB adopts this stance

istockphoto_331628_blind.jpg

Anyone that thinks Joe did nt contribute much against Valencia and Blackburn is in need of tickets to watch tennis as football is clearly above and beyond them.

I think I will leave this stupid forms here. Its just bloody stupid how people here rate players. that has nothing to do with any sportsmenship. You cant say two decent games are more then what Robben did so far. He played at least decent for most of the times. I cant tell you one thing Joe did against Valencia and against Blackburn that was something that Robben cant do. He was never close to score a goal and he never setted one up, so what was that great ? Ok hes english and you like him but that cant be the only reason why you compare robben and joe in such a way. never read such stupid sh*t

I defend GB here, stating that I'm one of Arjen's BIGGEST fans, he makes things happen!!

Joe does too, and it's nice to have him back. If it's a toss up bewtween who starts, if they are playing for the same spot then, I'd choose depending on the opposition.

We are lucky to have them, they are both special!

He does say in his last post though

You cant say two decent games are more then what Robben did so far

I understand, if it came between the 2 on the top of their game I'd go for AR, pace having much to do with it but I agree he is so frustrating by not doing it week-in week-out, especially against BIG opposition.

It's a great dilemma to have. Chelsea of the past had Kevin Wilson or Dave Mitchell to choose from icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

He does say in his last post though
You cant say two decent games are more then what Robben did so far

Maybe so but you also have to consider it in the perspective of many of GBs posts while Joe has been injured. I have lost count of the number of times we have seen 'When Joe Cole comes back you will see how great Robben really is' or words to that effect.

Well we waited, Joe came back, played very well in both games so far, and I'm still waiting to see the Joe that is that much worse than Roben.

Does GB come on and say 'Joe has played well, fair play to him but don't forget Robben is also great'?

No, he comes on with some ridiculous claim that Joe did nothing in two games where he was the most creative Chelsea player on the park. Then has the audacity to claim bias by Joe Cole supporters.

Then he throws his toys out of the pram because he thinks others are showing bias.

It's all a bit schoolboy isn't it?

Didnt see a lot from him against Valencia. Robben impressed me a lot more in his matches. What did he do against Blackburn apart from one bad shot ? It was nothing at all.

Are you on something or what? I'd see the quack if I was you; ask him to change your medication.

There's more than enough room for both Joey and Robben to start. No need for competition. I would have them in the first team every match (when fit). That is what we were missing this season - SEXY FOOTBALL! icon_wink.gif I hope to see them play together soon. 1064.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFhR8k2C5aY

couldn't resist. although for the life of me I cannot see why we constantly have to put one of the two down- shouldn't we be thankful we've got two wide players of such quality. personally, I love that they're both quite different too- I would prefer to have a side with both of them in it, rather than two coles or two robbens.

as for liverpool... if he's fit, and I mean, totally fit, not "fit" like he was 2 years ago against liverpool... I would probably start him. (though swp and kalou have both recently done well)... and joe... and sheva... and drogba...

for that game I really would like to see a 442 with lamps and probably maka central... it's a home game and I reckon if we beat liverpool by 2 goals we should be in a great position... getting a good lead is more important than conceding an away goal IMO... we could easily take that lead to anfield and play 451/ 433 with cole and swp (stronger defensively than the other two), and maka and essien in midfield.

joe... I reckon he was very good against valencia, and turned the game without a doubt, but there were a few better for us against blackburn... the praise for that game was excessive.

p.s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-OlJoXiXE

These things always turn into a Robben vs Cole thread!!! Of course they shouldn't and I am as guilty as others in that. As it's been said we should be happy to have them both, especially when they are both in form and fully fit.

For those who think that Robben is better than Cole - fair enough - it's your opinion. I don't and although I think on his day he can be brilliant, for me he's never had the same all round ability and skill that Joe has - and that's nothing to do with Joe being English - it's just how I see it.

I'm just happy that we have these players who can change a game and if SWP can repeat the sort of form that he showed against the Spammers all the better.

Why does either have to be better than the other? Neither one of them depends on the other and they can both play at the same time, so what is the point of all of this?

I'm damned if I know. Robben's been out injured for a couple of weeks, Joe Cole was out for a few months. My opionion is that we missed Joe Cole far more than we missed Robben but that yes of course there's a place in the squad (at the very least) for both of them.

A statement such as the following from german_blue

Is just plain ridiculous.