That was the team that was

Lofty

Sorry I forgot:

Back Row

Ian Hutchinson, Peter Osgood, David Webb, Peter Bonetti, Eddie McCreadie, Marvin Hinton, John Dempsey

Front Row

Tommy Baldwin, Charlie Cooke, Ron Harris, Peter Houseman, Alan Hudson, John Hollins

::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::::Scalf::

Chelsea 1970. A few legends there or what.

chelsea1970.jpg

For those of you who weren't around the last time this photo was posted, probably on the old forum, can I point out that John Dempsey's face was assaulted by a giant frying pan just before it was taken, while bizarrely Alan Hudson seemed to have a Sharon Stone moment about 20 years before Basic Instinct.

For those of you who weren't around the last time this photo was posted, probably on the old forum, can I point out that John Dempsey's face was assaulted by a giant frying pan just before it was taken, while bizarrely Alan Hudson seemed to have a Sharon Stone moment about 20 years before Basic Instinct.

Hmm thanks for pointing it out. There must be better colour photos of the squad from that era surely? Ok here's a black & white photo of Ossie's equaliser at Old Trafford:

Ossie_equaliser-1.jpg

What's wrong with Dempsey? He doesn't look quite alright in that picture. icon_eek.gif

Now you know.

Guest Brian M

chelsea1970.jpg

Why is Rod Stewart sitting in the front row, second from the right!?! 247.gif

Anyone remember this lot?

Chelsea_1966-67.jpg

[spoil]Back row, l-r: Joe Kirkup, Jim Thomson, Marvin Hinton, George Graham, Peter Bonetti, Alex Stepney, Ron Harris, John Hollins, Eddie McCreadie

Front row, l-r: Johnny Boyle, Bobby Tambling, Charlie Cooke, Alan Harris, Peter Osgood, Peter Houseman, Tommy Robson.[/spoil]

Anyone remember this lot?

There were a couple there I couldn't place but the one I couldn't believe I missed was Johnny Boyle. That's the '67 squad, right? I've got a picture of virtually the same squad on a calender (hence no names). On the same page is the '65 squad wearing shirts with the two white rings on the collar and cuffs. I think I might have one of those for my birthday.

Archived