Women's World Cup

Lofty

No way could I sit through a womens football match. Not unless England put out a side along the lines of the following:

1. Kelly Brooke

2. Michelle Marsh

3. Nigella Lawson (for BJD)

4. Claire Sweeney (for my bruv!)

5. Beyone (English Nan???)

6. Christina Aguilera (Another English nan???)

7. Keeley Hazell

8. Lucy Pinder

9. Holly Willoughby

10. Bird off the special K ad (you know the one)

11. The one that can sing from the Sugarbabes

Then I might just force myself to watch.....................................

Nibs, I must be getting old because I've never heard of half of that lot. So I thought I'd come up (no pun, trust me) with a late '60s/early '70s English girls 11. And here for your delectation and consideration, is the squad:

Linda Hayden

Lysette Anthony

Hayley Mills

Susan Penhaligan

Leslie-Anne Down

Judy Geeson

Sally Geeson

Julie Christie

Jan Francis

Jenny Agutter

Marianne Faithful

Subs:

Joanne Whalley

Joanna Lumley

Tessa Wyatt

Nibs, I must be getting old because I've never heard of half of that lot. So I thought I'd come up (no pun, trust me) with a late '60s/early '70s English girls 11. And here for your delectation and consideration, is the squad:

Linda Hayden

Lysette Anthony

Hayley Mills

Susan Penhaligan

Leslie-Anne Down

Judy Geeson

Sally Geeson

Julie Christie

Jan Francis

Jenny Agutter

Marianne Faithful

Subs:

Joanne Whalley

Joanna Lumley

Tessa Wyatt

I admit Lofty I included a fair number of lads mag babes. At least I drew the line in including any Big Brother housemates.

Like your line up. A couple I haven't heard of but my comments...........

Lysette Anthony - Definite Yes and still would be.

Hayley Mills - I'm a bit of a KulaShaker fan and that's the lead singers mum so don't think I could get past that!!

Susan Penhaligan - Was she in bouquet of barbed wire. If so another definite yes.

Leslie-Anne Down - Yes

Judy Geeson - Very much a yes.

Julie Christie - Yes again.

Jenny Agutter - Railway children and Walkabout. (hands up who else freeze framed the bit where she goes skinny dipping - come on I'm not the only one)

Marianne Faithful - In her prime maybe although I prefer Snickers.

Joanne Whalley - Might just squeeze in.

Joanna Lumley - Purdy. Had a girl in my class who looked like her (well same haircut anyway) back in '77 - it was LOVE!!. Definite yes.

Susan Penhaligan - Was she in bouquet of barbed wire. If so another definite yes.

That's her

Jenny Agutter - Railway children and Walkabout. (hands up who else freeze framed the bit where she goes skinny dipping - come on I'm not the only one)

I'll be truly shocked and stunned if you're the only one . Check her in Equus .. crap film but phoar!!

Jan Francis - truly gorgeous beautiful actress with eyes you could dive into, she was in a comedy series called "Just Good Friends".

Sally Geeson - Judy Geeson's sister and just as beautiful, probably best known for a comedy series with Sid James. She also appeared in a couple of Carry On's and soem film with Norman Wisdom.

Tessa Wyatt was the bird who drove Tony Blackburn's even further round the bend. Another one who appeared in a crap sitcom or three, plus numerous guest appearances.

Oh and Linda Hayden ... was in a few late '60s'/early '70s horrors and also turned up in a couple of the Confessions films. From North West London/Middlesex, unless I'm mistaken. "Blood On Satans Claw" was one of her better known films. Well worth a look or three, trust me.

As for England v Argentina, the game was so dire that they showed ...

a slow motion replay of the England goalkeeper chucking a water bottle towards the back of the net.

I watch womens football. I even listened to a game on radio once icon_confused.gif

Anyway. England won today which takes them to the next round. Germany is through too and I expect them to go far, perhaps even win the gold.

Sweden has started badly and needs to win by three goals or more against North Korea to make it through. That is not going to happen but I hope I'm wrong.

Funniest thing so far this womens world cup is the Argentina keeper scoring to own goals in against Germany who beat them 11-0. Both corners which she accidentaly knocked into her own goal.

Lofty's team is quite impressive! icon_lol.gif

Maybe you could add Susan George, Adrienne Posta, Linda Lewis, Jane Asher & Madeleine Smith to the squad? icon_wink.gif

Susan George ... how the hell did I forget Susan George, to name but two (legs that is) icon_wink.gif

I watch womens football. I even listened to a game on radio once

That's all well and good, but what about a Swedish actress/singer/model 11. I'll give you a start: That blonde bird out of Abba. But she's not allowed to sing any Abba songs.

Susan George ... how the hell did I forget Susan George, to name but two (legs that is) icon_wink.gif

or Gabrielle Drake ... how on Earth or anywhere else did I forget Gabrielle Drake!!!

Did Madeleine Smith have a twin, or did she just play twins in one of the Hammer classics?

Kev

I believe she played both roles, a very talented lady.

as is Sally James.

When did Madeleine Smith play twins? "Twins Of Evil" was a Hammer classic (or thereabouts) but if she was in it, it wasn't her playing the twins. I know she turned up in another couple of Hammer's though, maybe "Vampire Lovers", or "Lust For a Vampire".

When did Madeleine Smith play twins? "Twins Of Evil" was a Hammer classic (or thereabouts) but if she was in it, it wasn't her playing the twins. I know she turned up in another couple of Hammer's though, maybe "Vampire Lovers", or "Lust For a Vampire".

"Twins Of Evil" was indeed a classic. The 'twins' were played by actual twins - Mary and Madeleine Collinson. Maybe that's where the confusion comes in?

Madeleine Smith appeared in "The Vampire Lovers" and "Taste The Blood Of Dracula".

"Twins Of Evil" was indeed a classic. The 'twins' were played by actual twins - Mary and Madeleine Collinson. Maybe that's where the confusion comes in?

Madeleine Smith appeared in "The Vampire Lovers" and "Taste The Blood Of Dracula".

Well maybe she didn't ever play twins but (and I honestly didn't want to be the one to say it), there's no doubting she had a truly wonderful pair icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Afetr watching TV last night I realised a major ommision from my line up - Billie Piper.

Sorry girls but one of you is gonna have to make way for our new No 9. First name on the team sheet from now on.

Actually found myself feeling sorry for Chris Evans last night. I know they say it's better to have loved and lost and all that, but I can just imagine him watching that last night and feeling totally gutted. (with two box's of kleenex - one for the tears.............)

Archived