Has Frank Arnesen arrival conincided with our poor form

Bridgeboy

No - the first team has nothing to do with him. Judge Arnesen purely on his remit and that won't be possible for a few years when we can see whether or not the youth players (or at least some of them) he has brought in make the step up.

Our youth system has never been healthier so for me it is a case of so far so good.

I think he has had some what of a say who we bring into the first team, I feel with Frank around Jose does not have 100% control over all player in and player out transfers. Jose knows what he wants and the rest of the club need to respect this and let him do his job, Only he knows who we need and who we do not need. and who fits into his style of play and who does not. He wanted a hand full of players which he has not got and I feel subsequently our success has taken a step back. After the title winning season Jose had his say on who was going and who was staying....we won the league. That next summer Frank has arrived and settled in and the rest as they say is history.

Jose is the manager and he should have the say on who comes and who goes, not Roman, not Frank and not anyone else at the club. Jose is the one who brought us success as did Roman but Roman is not the manager he is the owner and he should stay well clear of making vital decisions when he himself is not taking training everyday and standing by the touch line.

Having said this I think the squad we have is good but it is not what Jose wanted and it has taken him longer to get it sorted, put this with the injuries and he has had a hard time. I think we could pull it off and win the league again this year because we have the players and we have the manager and all we need is a bit of luck with player fitness and we could be on a roll in no time.

yeah- if you watch our youth and reserves teams now and compare them to what they used to be before roman/arnesen...

I think quite a few of these players would have made our pre roman squad- scott sinclair, mancienne, maybe even jimmy smith- we'll produce one or two who will hopefully stay with us, but we will also produce a lot of premiership standard footballers.

I personally beleive arnesen hasn't signed any first team player- in fact he said he was looking at players aged 16 and younger, so we are talking stoch, kakuta, that dtuch leftback dorset was talking about (I've seen the goal now- a cracker)... he wasn't even involved with nuno morais or diarra...

I personally beleive arnesen hasn't signed any first team player- in fact he said he was looking at players aged 16 and younger, so we are talking stoch, kakuta, that dtuch leftback dorset was talking about (I've seen the goal now- a cracker)... he wasn't even involved with nuno morais or diarra...

I've alluded to this in other threads, but I think he will be now. I think his going to be the main man at Chelsea and will be responsible for the hiring/firing of coaches.

It's pretty clear that the structure RA and PK have put in place behind the scenes to create the so-called dynasty not only undermined the status of the manager but also gave Arnesen a huge say in our buying policy. If you believe the stories (which have at least some truth in them) he wanted JM to sign Boula and Alex last season, while Jose didn't. If that's the case then it's pretty obvious he must have been behind someof the inferior 'eggs' in the squad that we've been relying on this season while our good eggs are unavailable - and I agree with Jose's view that the new ingredients aren't of the quality required for us to sustain our challenge this season.

It's just not true that the first team has 'nothing to do with him' - he's doing a lot more than identifying 16 year olds, and the evidence so far is that he's not doing it very well in terms of the fisrt team squad.

Boula there maybe some truth to but hasn't Alex been a Chelsea 'player' form well before Arnesen joined us? My memory fails me a little in terms of when Arnesen came on board but isn't it the best part of 3.5 years since we signed Alex and then sent him to PSV on loan. He was recommended to us by our scout Piet de Visser (who also recommended Mikel).

Archived