Run Wayne Run.

Pauly

Am I the only one who wants to see Wayne Bridge back in our 11, back in our 16, back against boro. back!

I hope he can start making the bench and then he'll have a change to work his way back into the team. he can cross he can tackle he's quicker, he can head the ball and he hit that goal against arsenal. And Ashely Cole is a c**t. 169.gif

Haven't so far been able to come to terms why Ashley Cole hasn't performed at Chelsea the way he used to at Arsenal... icon_sad.gif

Bridge looks a whole lot better going forward than Ashley, hope that Wayne get more chances in the starting 11.

Haven't so far been able to come to terms why Ashley Cole hasn't performed at Chelsea the way he used to at Arsenal... icon_sad.gif

the smallness of their pitch is probably something to consider. While i wait for that infernal woman to get out of the shower I will provide a comparison:

Chelsea: 103 x 67 metres

Arsenal: 105m x 68m

no. Well maybe he's just gay

I can't wait to see Wayne back, he's a much better player than A.Cole imo.

He played in a friendly against Watford today, a game we won 3-2. As G4 mentioned he got a red card in a reserve game so he is serving a ban atm.

he was a myth at arsenal and all.

running up and down the left without crossing was fine for them- all he had to do was stop pires and/or henry from being doubled up (overlapping fullbacks take away a defender) and he looked good. that's basically all he did going forward- run forward, pas ball inside, run forward.

and defending? well he played for a side on the front foot most of the game and he has the pace and engine to get himself out of trouble, but not really a great defender either.

I will let you into a little secret.

Wayne has always been better that Cashley, before and after we signed Cashley.

Cole was fortunate in that he made his name at one of the recognised maor clubs whereas Wayne made his breakthrough at a less fashionable club. By the time Wayne had moved to a club where he stood a better chance of being selected for England Cole was already well established in the international team and that made it doubly difficult for Wayne to win the place.

And then to what must have been his disgust we only went and signed Cole when he would have been far better off putting our faith in Bridge as our first choice left back and looked for back up instead of a replacement.

Cole seems to have an excellent knack of reading where the ball is going to end up - he makes more goal line clearances than any other player ive known.

But thats about it.

Bridgey every time, in every other department.

i said that like a week ago, every time wayne bridge is on the field:

1.) less fouls on the left

2.) Tackles are actually for the ball and not person

3.) Can cross

i've always liked himover ashley.

Here here !!! Exactly how I feel.

Now Cashley is injured, possibly seriously, Bridgey will have to come in as soon as the ban is over.

The team will BENEFIT as a result !!!

Archived