Drogba rushed for hospital scan :-((

Iceman

However long he is out for, I pray that Sheva, Pizarro and Kalou step up, otherwise we're screwed. Hopefully Sheva will play some part on Saturday against the Makems and remember how to score goals. icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheva is useless as we know, Kalou is terrible and I really hope we sell him and Pizarro hasn't been giving a chance so hopefully he steps up but personally I think we're screwed without Drogba.

We're supposed to be competing for the title and we only have one competent striker, what a joke.

Kalou is far from terrible. He may not be a pure striker, but to say he is terrible is pretty damning for a youngster who has shown a lot of promise.

I do, however, agree that we need more firepower asap.

Kalou is a good player as long as he don't get the ball in front of the goal. icon_rolleyes.gif

If this is true we are going to struggle, it was bad enough just having him out for January! I think Pizarro looks decent although no Drogba but i have to agree with the guy a couple of posts back that Kalou is starting to look poor.

He may be young, have some good technical skills but how long can we watch him run into cul-de-sacs, trying to take too many people on and missing great chances! Sheva will go, probably january so we definitely need a striker or two. Problem is finding one especially half way through season and players being cup-tied i.e. champions league.

i think that's one positive thing that can lure players to us come january. The fact that we're in the Champions League and could win it(optimism). Hopefully we sign a player this January, don't care who it is, as long as they can score im good. Sheva will stay through the january transfer window, but surely he will leave in the summer. Probally end up going to America and i'll be watching him score saying "why couldn't he do that at Chelsea!"

Loosing Drogba for 2 months sure is a terrible blow, if it happens. No matter how sad it is to say, with 3 strikers with the club, we will need another one. I really can't see Sheva, Pizzaro and Kalou carry that load.

I watched the Israël-Russia game and I liked Ben Sahar that day. Mourinho said last year that he'd be first team this season. Could he get a shot? Maybe, but I'm not convinced he'd yet be a long terms solution.

In those conditions, I am for bringing in a player like Anelka or Huntelaar.

He's had the operation, apparently. His knee locked yesterday afternoon, he's had the op, and is expected to be out for quite a while .. the story's just broke on Talksport, but I haven't found any online confirmation.

Edit: there's this on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 09,00.html

"Between me and the club there is never any trouble. I could not walk normally anymore, my knee was locked.

"We just had to find an agreement. The club didn't want to put me in danger.

"Everyone knows it is out of the question to prevent me from playing African Cup of Nations.

"My unavailability will be between one month and five weeks, considering healing and rehabilitation.

"I am very annoyed to miss the series of matches with Chelsea."

I can't help wondering just how urgent this surgery was. Seems a hell of a coincidence that Drogba will be coming back to fitness just in time for the African Cup Of Nations - did he insist on immediate surgery? After all, he's made no secret of the fact that his national side are more important to him than Chelsea.

I can't help wondering just how urgent this surgery was. Seems a hell of a coincidence that Drogba will be coming back to fitness just in time for the African Cup Of Nations - did he insist on immediate surgery? After all, he's made no secret of the fact that his national side are more important to him than Chelsea.

I agree. I sounds a bit strange.

Yesterday the news about him was that he would probably miss the game against Sunderland but that he might be able to play some games before christmas. And these news came from Grant and I guess (and hope) that he has some clue about what's going on with his players.

Archived