Battle of the Smilies

loz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

In the Blue corner - weighing in at 253 lbs - the activity of positivity, the adoram of Avram.... it's CHIPPY!!

AvingYa.gif

And in the claret and blue corner, weighing in at a colossal 293 lbs and a pie, the frump of grump, the bouquet of Jose.... it's BLUENUT!!

NotAvingIt.gif

In the Blue corner - weighing in at 253 lbs - the activity of positivity, the adoram of Avram.... it's CHIPPY!!

AvingYa.gif

And in the claret and blue corner, weighing in at a colossal 293 lbs and a pie, the frump of grump, the bouquet of Jose.... it's BLUENUT!!

NotAvingIt.gif

I'm in quick with the opportunity to unify the titles...

Bluenut has not made the weight, I dont wanna see him naked on the scales, 541.gifsmiley.gif

Moos this might interest you mate icon_wink.gif

AvingYa.gif oh this just feels so right icon_lol.gif

Arsenal away soon, followed by Liverpool at home - we'll see who's having what icon_wink.gif

BTW I'm always in the blue corner and will continue to support my beloved blues, but will say what I see or think based on whats going on at the club.Chelsea football club has always and will continue to be a huge part of my life, I've lost girlfriends over it FFS!!!! I don't think Grant is the enterainer or winner he's been advertised as!! I hope he proves me wrong, but cannot see it. I don't see Roman as the bloke who is always right either, regardless of how much money he has. How he got where he is, is another arguement.

When a manager stands on the touchline with his hands in his pockets while one of his assistants calls a player over to give him instructions (walking past the manager), I tend to wonder who is actually orchestrating things.

We'll see, but the so-called 'new direction' the 'enterainer' is taking us in doesn't inspire me to have the confidence other's have in him because I've seen no evidence of it so far. We were like a Glen Hoddle side on Saturday, overplaying it for the sake of it with no cutting edge. Derby away wasn't entertaining, West Ham was a punt and flick. Everton (we scored from a corner) and Fulham have pinched draws at the bridge

So far Joe Cole has the freedom to flick and step over with little end product, while something has been missing from Lampard's attcking role. (great change that one!)That's what I've seen so far, aswell as one of the most dire matches we've played for a while at the weekend.

He has been fortunate enough to have the likes of Terry, Drogba and Lampard fit again, players the side is built around. Letting Drogba (a player who would 'go into any war' with Jose) call the shots regarding his operation goes to show they're doing everything they can to keep him happy, but doesn't show player faith in the new manager's leadership skills, something you need when you go up against the best. (players calling the shots?????)

As a long term season-ticket holder and a life-long fan who's seen us rise like a phoenix from the flames I don't want us to just roll over and concede what we've had for the past few seasons.

Why employ THE BEST manager in the world, then employ scouts and directors of football over his head and then publically not back him??? (January tfr window) It doesn't make sense to me.

I can't help think that Grant is a fall guy, his interview's performances and match-day demeanour have done nothing to show me otherwise.

I hope I'm wrong.I hope he changes my opinion, but I'm afraid it's a case of Avram Can't

(Heavy enough for ya? icon_lol.gif )

Arsenal away soon, followed by Liverpool at home - we'll see who's having what icon_wink.gif

Those games will be difficult and there is a distinct possibility you will be able to slag Grant off with what may look like good reason after those games,

I hope he can perform some magic by getting the boys up for these games with the belief they can do it at the highest level without Drogs but feel it will be tough,

That said if we get a point out of each even with Drogs in the side I would be happy,(Edit Tired as F**k and thought it was a league game smack_head.gif

Arsenal Away will be very hard but if we can shut them down like Villa second half or Boro then we might get a point, I know Boro beat them but that should not make everyone believe it will be a doddle going to the Emirates without Didier,

Liverpool had us beat at Anfield until we got lucky with the penalty and they will feel they can get at us at the Bridge so again a hard contest,

BTW I'm always in the blue corner and will continue to support my beloved blues, but will say what I see or think based on whats going on at the club.Chelsea football club has always and will continue to be a huge part of my life, I've lost girlfriends over it FFS!!!! I don't think Grant is the enterainer or winner he's been advertised as!! I hope he proves me wrong, but cannot see it. I don't see Roman as the bloke who is always right either, regardless of how much money he has. How he got where he is, is another arguement.

I dont doubt your in the Blue corner mate and I think you know that,

I am surprised youv'e had girlfriends though icon_wink.gif got to laugh or people will think we are seriously arguing after a 15 game unbeaten run under a new manager icon_lol.gif

I have never said Roman is always right, I have just said that his opinions are likely based on a lot of thought and some advice from people he respects in the game, people with more knowledge of football than either of us.

I doubt he is making decisions on a whim and I think he has the future good of the club in mind with most things he does.

When a manager stands on the touchline with his hands in his pockets while one of his assistants calls a player over to give him instructions (walking past the manager), I tend to wonder who is actually orchestrating things.

Do you honestly think Abromovich would pay Grant the wages he's reportedly on to pretend he is the Manager?

It would be easy to put him back in his old role and let Ten Cate take the reigns, I believe Roman thinks Grant is the right man for the Job and Grant is doing everything possible to prove he's right.

We'll see, but the so-called 'new direction' the 'enterainer' is taking us in doesn't inspire me to have the confidence other's have in him because I've seen no evidence of it so far. We were like a Glen Hoddle side on Saturday, overplaying it for the sake of it with no cutting edge. Derby away wasn't entertaining, West Ham was a punt and flick. Everton (we scored from a corner) and Fulham have pinched draws at the bridge

The man is not going to make us entertainig overnight, but he is doing well and there has been some signs,

Why is every remark you make about Grant so Barbed? While I am asked if I'm his PR man you sound like one of theose Girlfriends you lost was seen hand in hand with him on Romans Yacht icon_rolleyes.gif

And I Liked the way Hoddle was getting us playing when he was here...strange how we all see things different.

So far Joe Cole has the freedom to flick and step over with little end product, while something has been missing from Lampard's attcking role. (great change that one!)That's what I've seen so far, aswell as one of the most dire matches we've played for a while at the weekend.

I think Joe is playing well and I like his bits of trickery, Joe has always done a bit of it and has been no less effective while doing it so why is that a problem?

Lamps has had a couple of quiet games but was hitting some good form up until the last two or three games, he certainly was no better before Avram took over.

I wont comment on the 2-0 victory over Sunderland as I never got to see the game but it sounds by what I have heard (and the scoreline) that it was ok in patches but obviously nothing special....sounds like thats a hard habit to break, why would that bother you as you are happy with three points and trophys and entertainment is not important?

He has been fortunate enough to have the likes of Terry, Drogba and Lampard fit again, players the side is built around. Letting Drogba (a player who would 'go into any war' with Jose) call the shots regarding his operation goes to show they're doing everything they can to keep him happy, but doesn't show player faith in the new manager's leadership skills, something you need when you go up against the best. (players calling the shots?????)

Double edge Sword again, Make Drogba wait for the op.....risk his long term safety...alienate him from the Manager? let him have the op (obvious right decision) and the Managers leadership qualities are in doubt icon_lol.gif

Fortunate to have Terry (Just Back)Drogba (out again yesterday) again without Carv, Cech, Malouda, Essien....Have it both ways again shall we?

As a long term season-ticket holder and a life-long fan who's seen us rise like a phoenix from the flames I don't want us to just roll over and concede what we've had for the past few seasons.

I doubt anyone on this forum wants that but some think that rolling over is the last thing we are likely to do

Why employ THE BEST manager in the world, then employ scouts and directors of football over his head and then publically not back him??? (January tfr window) It doesn't make sense to me.

The best manager in the world, the special one, the portugeezer, whatever you call him he is gone and his boss never had faith in him,

How many times are you going to ask the same thing? I would imagine Romans reasons were that he wanted more entertainment and had no faith in Jose to bring it without a nudge( greatly oversimplified gut instinct)

I can't help think that Grant is a fall guy, his interview's performances and match-day demeanour have done nothing to show me otherwise.

I have never seen a football match won by an interview, or somebody's demeanour, for a fall guy he has got into a great Job, done well at it in a short time, got a nice pay rise and IMO sterted to improve the play of a team that was previously managed by a man some would call the best manager in the world.

I hope I'm wrong.I hope he changes my opinion, but I'm afraid it's a case of Avram Can't

I hoped Mourinho could get the team winning AND entertaining, but I'm afraid it was a case of No way Jose.

you've got so many in your corner though bluenut, the scales will gradually tip as results make believers moaning.gif

Those games will be difficult and there is a distinct possibility you will be able to slag Grant off with what may look like good reason after those games,

I hope he can perform some magic by getting the boys up for these games with the belief they can do it at the highest level without Drogs but feel it will be tough,

So you're not confident either then? And we'll replace Drogba anyway cos he's one of Jose's men and we'll just buy someone to replace the best forward on the planet. (go on, just say like we replaced the best manager icon_rolleyes.gif )

That said if we get a point out of each even with Drogs in the side I would be happy,

Arsenal Away will be very hard but if we can shut them down like Villa second half or Boro then we might get a point, I know Boro beat them but that should not make everyone believe it will be a doddle going to the Emirates without Didier,

we'll just buy someone to replace the best forward on the planet - Jose's man?

Liverpool had us beat at Anfield until we got lucky with the penalty and they will feel they can get at us at the Bridge so again a hard contest,

4 points out of these two games would be superb, 2 points would keep us in a good position and if we can get through the Christmas period with no disasters we will be in the hunt come May.

I'd love us to get at least 1 point from these games, seeing as one of them's a league cup quater final!!!!! Are you sure you really support us?? Quater final against Liverpool and you think it's a league game??? How many games do you go to? Nice to see you really know what's goin on at the club 300.gif

I dont doubt your in the Blue corner mate and I think you know that,

I am surprised youv'e had girlfriends though icon_wink.gif got to laugh or people will think we are seriously arguing after a 15 game unbeaten run under a new manager icon_lol.gif

You support a man who has been matched by Everton, Fulham and beaten by Ferguson, but has marginally beaten Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton, Derby lacking the style he was employed to deliver. But you don't fancy us against Arsenal or Liverpool??

I have never said Roman is always right, I have just said that his opinions are likely based on a lot of thought and some advice from people he respects in the game, people with more knowledge of football than either of us.

I doubt he is making decisions on a whim and I think he has the future good of the club in mind with most things he does.

OK lets carry that bit on then:

Buying players and loaning them to clubs while we pay their wages (Crespo/Veron)?

The purchase of Frank Arnesen £8m - Why?

£30m Shevchenko?

Alexi Smertin? - loaning him to Portsmouth while we pay his wages?

Sven Goran Ericson-gate?

Ashley Cole-gate?

Rio Ferdinand-gate?

Making Grant one of the highest paid managers with a 3yr deal after about 7 games

Pini Savhi?

In 5 years that aint bad!

Do you honestly think Abromovich would pay Grant the wages he's reportedly on to pretend he is the Manager? YES

It would be easy to put him back in his old role and let Ten Cate take the reigns, I believe Roman thinks Grant is the right man for the Job and Grant is doing everything possible to prove he's right. (why give Clarke a pay rise 'til the end of the season, it was Clarke I was talking about!)

The man is not going to make us entertainig overnight, but he is doing well and there has been some signs,

Why is every remark you make about Grant so Barbed? While I am asked if I'm his PR man you sound like one of theose Girlfriends you lost was seen hand in hand with him on Romans Yacht icon_rolleyes.gif

And I Liked the way Hoddle was getting us playing when he was here...strange how we all see things different. What did Hoddle win? He took us to a new level we progressed from, lets not go back!

I think Joe is playing well and I like his bits of trickery, Joe has always done a bit of it and has been no less effective while doing it so why is that a problem?

Lamps has had a couple of quiet games but was hitting some good form up until the last two or three games, he certainly was no better before Avram took over.Because he was mainly injured or playing with a broken toe!!

I wont comment on the 2-0 victory over Sunderland as I never got to see the game but it sounds by what I have heard (and the scoreline) that it was ok in patches but obviously nothing special....sounds like thats a hard habit to break, why would that bother you as you are happy with three points and trophys and entertainment is not important?

Well why do the club pretend it is then?

Double edge Sword again, Make Drogba wait for the op.....risk his long term safety...alienate him from the Manager? let him have the op (obvious right decision) and the Managers leadership qualities are in doubt icon_lol.gif

Fortunate to have Terry (Just Back)Drogba (out again yesterday) again without Carv, Cech, Malouda, Essien....Have it both ways again shall we?

I doubt anyone on this forum wants that but some think that rolling over is the last thing we are likely to do

The best manager in the world, the special one, the portugeezer, whatever you call him he is gone and his boss never had faith in him,

How many times are you going to ask the same thing? I would imagine Romans reasons were that he wanted more entertainment and had no faith in Jose to bring it without a nudge( greatly oversimplified gut instinct)

My thinking it that JM wanted to have control of the football side of the club and the russian wouldn't let him- what sort of manager does he want?

I have never seen a football match won by an interview, for a fall guy he has got into a great Job, done well at it in a short time, got a nice pay rise (worth more than fergie or Wenger?) and IMO sterted to improve the play of a team that was previously managed by a man some would call the best manager in the world.

I hoped Mourinho could get the team winning AND entertaining, but I'm afraid it was a case of No way Jose.

you've got so many in your corner though bluenut, the scales will gradually tip as results make believers moaning.gif

Take it you don't fancy the next 2 games either? One is a league game, one is a cup quater final I might remind you! icon_wink.gif

For someone with a lifelong devotion to the club I thought you'd remember a 1/4 final when we reached one. 300.gif

There F**king big letters at 4 in the morning

Yep I am tired and made a mistake...ooh I'm not a real supporter actions1.gif

If youd had the last couple of days I have you wouldn't be so quick to judge.

no maybe you would,

I've supported Chelsea for 40 years and I dont slag off the manager.

How come you only answered a few bits of that post then? one where I made an embarresing error and a few others where you just said Sell Drogba? or Broken toe..

Yeah my alligance is really in doubt, It looks to me like the first debate we've had where you can make a legitimate statement of me being wrong has overexcited you a tad,

enjoy it

If you'd have been sitting there Saturday you wouldn't be so quick to defend our performance.

I haven't slagged him off tonight (just made some observations from the weekend). I just don't share you confidence in our manager or the way the club's being run.

I find it tiresome that every thread I post, is copied with witty holes picked out of it without any evidence or reason by yourself.

I'm sorry if you've had a sh*t couple of days but I had little sleep Friday night and paid alot of dough to march around in the pissing down of rain to watch a dire premiership game, laid on by your Marvelous one.Not the first time, and not the last!!

If you'd have been sitting there Saturday you wouldn't be so quick to defend our performance.

I have not defended the performance, just the manager

we all knowwe are having trouble scoring without Drogba and the team needs to play differently without him.

I haven't slagged him off tonight (just made some observations from the weekend). I just don't share you confidence in our manager or the way the club's being run.

I am not totally confident but think he's doing well and hope that carries on.

I find it tiresome that every thread I post, is copied with witty holes picked out of it without any evidence or reason by yourself.

I find it tiresome that I cant sleep because of some real problems and when I make a mistake in a post some one takes it on themselves to question my support of Chelsea in Fuc*ing great letters

I'm sorry if you've had a sh*t couple of days but I had little sleep Friday night and paid alot of dough to march around in the pissing down of rain to watch a dire premiership game, laid on by your Marvelous one.Not the first time, and not the last!!

I'd trade ya but wont go into why, I've seen a few Mourinho games that made me feel like that. special ones they were.

I find it tiresome that I cant sleep because of some real problems and when I make a mistake in a post some one takes it on themselves to question my support of Chelsea in Fuc*ing great letters

I'd trade ya but wont go into why, I've seen a few Mourinho games that made me feel like that. special ones they were.

gen145.gif Chill- out moaning.gif317.gif

We'll have to agree to disagree on the appointment of Grant and the concequences or fortunes it may bring drinkdrunk.gif I admire your confidence in in his appointment, but have yet to find m/any fans who share an optimistic faith with the conviction of yourself!

Sorry if your support of the club was called into question, but your support of Grant has been so ardent, it's sometimes loses some of intrinsic value in your reasoning for his appointment. Time will tell

It's hard to tell who's a fan, who's a spy and who'a a 14 year old kid sitting in their bedroom on thses site's.

Keep supporting the club, keep defending AG, n' I'll probably keep getting on peoples nerves disagreeing icon_lol.gif but sometimes I feel I have to question things now and then. I've got so many memories of the club and supporting Chelsea, it's part of my life and has been with me alot longer than any new-kid on the block, including the current owner.

Don't lose any sleep over me 247.gif

Bluenut

Just in case there is any confusion I was never actually calling your support of the club into doubt with the claret and blue - just a bit of fun.

No worries mate, I'd have even prefered tangerine and granite to claret n blue though icon_lol.gif

AvingYa.gif

NotAvingIt.gif

Bluenut, I'm happy to be a second in your corner mate icon_lol.gif (just don't do a Ricky! mind you Chippy's no pretty boy! 247.gif )

Bluenut

Just in case there is any confusion I was never actually calling your support of the club into doubt with the claret and blue - just a bit of fun.

No worries mate, I'd have even prefered tangerine and granite to claret n blue though icon_lol.gif

sh*t, is it only me who actually liked the orange and graphite kit? I still wear mine sometimes, even now!

kev

AvingYa.gif

NotAvingIt.gif

Bluenut, I'm happy to be a second in your corner mate icon_lol.gif (just don't do a Ricky! mind you Chippy's no pretty boy! 247.gif )

Bluenut watch what your Corner mans doing with that tub of Vaseline, I new should never have mentioned you getting naked at the weigh in icon_wink.gif

AvingYa.gif

NotAvingIt.gif

Can we have one that says:

Avad enough