Price that player!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm going to list a bunch of players and you guys tell me how much you think they are worth (not, what you think we would have to pay for them). Take into account the players individual circumstances (eg. last year of a contract, etc) and feel free to add to the list.

Anelka:

Huntelarr:

Drogba:

Berbatov:

Van Der Varrt:

Modric:

C.Ronaldo:

Lampard:

Kaka:

How much they're worth... well I don't believe in paying silly money, so my answers won't follow current trends AT all.

Anelka: 6m

Huntelarr: 6-8m

Drogba: 10m

Berbatov: 6-8m

Van Der Varrt: 8m

Modric: N/A

C.Ronaldo: 12m

Lampard: 6m

Kaka: 12m

Neeeeeever gonna happen.

Now here's what they'd have to pay...

Anelka: 10m

Huntelarr: 15m

Drogba: 15-20m

Berbatov: 35m (HAHAHAHAHHA)

Van Der Varrt: 12m

Modric: N/A

C.Ronaldo: 45m (HAHAHAHAHA)

Lampard: 6m (well probably not much difference looking at his contract situation)

Kaka: 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000m

every player today is worth a rediculous amount of money. I was watching an FA cup classic the other day and the commentator says "they signed him for a record 1 million pounds; but that's what you pay for a world class striker such as him." I don't remember the game...but paying 20, 30,40,50 million for a player is incredible.

But then again im not a billionaire icon_lol.gif

Blackburn bought Shearer for about £3-4mil and a few years later was sold for a world record fee of £15mil. Few years later Denilson was sold for over £20mil and a few years from that Crespo was sold for almost £40mil. And ofcourse then there was Figo for about £40mil and Zizou for about £45mil...both bought by the same club with only a year between the signings.

Then the bubble burst and the prices started going down...until Roman came along ofcourse. There are definitely two prices for players...the normal price and the one Chelsea has to pay to buy them. And needless to say, both are still way over the top, even if the prices have come down a bit from the crazy days just before and after the turn of the millenium.

As for what I think they should cost, here's my list:

Anelka: £3mil

Huntelaar: £750k

Drogba: 5mil

Berbatov: £2,5mil

Van der Vaart: £3mil

Modric: £500k

C.Ronaldo: £7mil

Lampard: £2mil

Kaka: £9mil

---

Anelka is the more established and proven goalscorer and has a longer contract than Berbatov, but Berbatov is younger so I'd say they're worth about the same.

Huntelaar and Modric are young and unproven, yet highly promising, so something around £500k and £1mil sounds about right...but definitely not over £1mil.

Drogba is one of the best strikers in the world when fit and he has a few years left on his contract so when compared to Anelka and Berbatov, something around £5mil sounds about right if we were to sell him now.

Lamps' contract is running out so I think it would be reasonable to price him a bit cheaper than the younger but naturally more gifted midfielder Van der Vaart.

Hate to admit it but even with all the diving and drama queen stuff, Christiano Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world at the moment and he's still young as well, so something around Kaka's price should be right...just not quite as much, because Kaka is just that good. He is the best footballer in the world at the moment and he's pretty young still so he's definitely the most valuable player out of these...well in the world to be honest.

Ok - two sets of pricing are needed.

Firstly, what they are actually worth based on previous sales of players with their current ability:

Anelka: 12 mil

Huntelarr: 5 mil

Drogba: 25 mil

Berbatov: 15 mil

Van Der Varrt: 15 mil

Modric: 8 mil

C.Ronaldo: 25 mil

Lampard: 20 mil

Kaka 25 mil

Next set of pricing is what I think we would realistically have to pay to sign these players:

Anelka: 15 mil

Huntelarr: 10 mil

Drogba: -

Berbatov: 20 mil

Van Der Varrt: 15 mil

Modric: 12 mil

C.Ronaldo: 40 mil

Lampard: -

Kaka 60 mil

I'm going to list a bunch of players and you guys tell me how much you think they are worth (not, what you think we would have to pay for them). Take into account the players individual circumstances (eg. last year of a contract, etc) and feel free to add to the list.

Anelka:

Huntelarr:

Drogba:

Berbatov:

Van Der Varrt:

Modric:

C.Ronaldo:

Lampard:

Kaka:

Ill try and judge it on what a club could re-alisticly justufy as an asking price and ignoring the russian bilionare factor

Anelka: 12 - 15, a couple of years younger then herny, and could have had everthing his compatriot had at his feet had he had the right people around him when he was far to young for the fame he was getting!!

Huntelarr: 12 - 16, doing in the dutch league and hot prospect but again only the futch leage so 16 would really have to be the top end of the scale

Drogba: 25 - 30, best pound for pound striker in the world at the moment but his age doesnt make him invalubale but on the other hand anything below the above figure wouldnt be worth taking because quite honestly there's not a whole lot out there for less than that to replace him with

Berbatov: 18 - 25 think spuds valuation is way over bored, he's very much and in the mood striker, great ability but cant always be botherd to turn up

Van Der Varrt: 8 - 12 doesnt reay get enough exposhure but you know what will happen here, we will show interest, price will be 25, a year later he'll go to arsenal for 6

Modric: dont know dont care

C.Ronaldo: wont be sold for any price

Lampard: about 10 to 15, will never be able to re-creatre his form from a couple of seasons ago

Kaka: see ronaldo

here's my opinion, and this takes into account that we are Chelsea

Anelka: 11

Huntelarr: 14

Drogba: 28

Berbatov: 24

Van Der Varrt: 14

Modric: not coming

C.Ronaldo: not leaving

Lampard: 15

Kaka: 36

Scott

Guest Brian M
Anelka: £3mil

Huntelaar: £750k

Drogba: 5mil

Berbatov: £2,5mil

Van der Vaart: £3mil

Modric: £500k

C.Ronaldo: £7mil

Lampard: £2mil

Kaka: £9mil

Do you normally work out prices while smoking CRACK?! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Do you normally work out prices while smoking CRACK?! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

That's what I think the players SHOULD cost, not what the current going price is. Come to think of it, even the prices I've mentioned are too high. Players shouldn't cost millions of pounds, that's just daft. But to those who prefer to see Football Manager type of transfer fees, here are the same prices multiplied by five:

Anelka: £3mil x5 = £15mil

Huntelaar: £750k x5 = £3,75mil

Drogba: £5mil x5 = £25mil

Berbatov: £2,5mil x5 = £12,5mil

Van der Vaart: £3mil x5 = £15mil

Modric: £500k x5 = £2,5mil

C. Ronaldo: £7mil x5 = £35mil

Lampard: £2mil x5 = £10mil

Kaka: £9mil x5 = £45mil

Now, put that in your pipe Brian and smoke it. 247.gificon_wink.gif

In the case of Modric and Huntelarr i'd say their prices are still too low

Maybe, but not by much.

To think we paid £5mil for Kezman who played in the Dutch league like Huntelaar, and they both had about as good a goalscoring average in the league. Nistelrooy was sold for about £20mil, but that was during the crazy years when England defenders cost about the same(and even more) and prices around £30mil for a top striker seemed the norm and even goalkeepers might be sold for such insane figures. Player like Huntelaar who has yet to play outside his native Dutch league and only recently has started to feature regularily for the full national team, shouldn't cost over £10mil. Ofcourse he will probably be sold for more than £10mil, given the hype and interest around the player.

As for Modric, he's still very young and although he's a national team regular, his only experience of playing club football outside of his native Croatia is from Bosnia and Herzegovina. Vidic might be a good reference. He cost ManU £7mil, but he already had experience of playing outside his native league in a slightly bigger league, so Modric shouldn't cost any more than Vidic did. Preferably less.

Hmmm I think this thread is bordering on the retared. There is only one way to value something, what it costs to get it.

Anelka cost us 15m, thats his value. Whether its good value or not - well that is another thread

piff - oh ok I have lost it and need a beer ::CluBhappy::

Anelka:

Huntelarr:

Drogba:

Berbatov:

Van Der Varrt:

Modric:

C.Ronaldo:

Lampard:

Kaka:

I'm not altogether sure of each players contractual status, but here would be my estimate's:

Anelka: £10m

Huntelaar: £16m

Drogba: £28m

Berbatov: £25m

Van Der Varrt: £12m

Modric: £7m

C.Ronaldo: £40m

Lampard: £20m

Kaka: £50m

Anelka cost us 15m, thats his value.

Most of the estimations here have been posted before the deal was done, so his real value wasn't determined at the time. icon_wink.gif

And if we want to be really pedantic about it, we could say £15mil was his price, but his value will have to be determined once we see how much money he will bring to the club through sales of Anelka related merchandise, goals that gets Chelsea good results in league and cups(which are worth money, you know). But that one is also a subject for another(albeit VERY pointless) thread. icon_lol.gif