Beckham left out of England squad

BLUENUT

i agree with ivorycoast. hes done a hell of a lot for england and should have been allowed to win his 100th cap. even if it meant coming on for 10 minutes. its the equivalent of italy with maldini or france with zidane or spain with raul. its a friendly and im sure some way of including him could have been found. i think the grief he gets is ridiculous. hes been a model professional as far as england are concerned.

still think he is the best right sided player we have,

What makes you say that G4?

Even if fit, surely others offer a lot, lot more. Beckham can knock in a good ball - that will never be in question. But that is pretty much where his contribution ends. He cannot go past a defender these days and is not a great tackler either. Surely now SWP, Lennon - even play Joe on the right rather than the left are much better bets than the once good Beckam.

Even if fit, surely others offer a lot, lot more. Beckham can knock in a good ball - that will never be in question. But that is pretty much where his contribution ends. He cannot go past a defender these days and is not a great tackler either. Surely now SWP, Lennon - even play Joe on the right rather than the left are much better bets than the once good Beckam.

Bentley?

because I think his output would exceed any of the other players- if you have a manager strong enough to keep him wide, and capello is that, few wide players, even now, will give more end product. dribbling is, to a certain degree, just means to an end.

lennon and swp... well swp can't cross consistantly and lennon has flattered to deceive... I don't think swp will ever be much better than he is now (and in central midfield for us I'm quite okay with that), and IMO lennon needs to improve a lot more. he provides great pace and a great outlet, but I think he still has time to mature as a player.

bentley is an intelligent player however and it will be good to see if he can become regularly involved. IMO, most exciting of our wide players (and exclude joe cole- he is more than proven now), is ashley young. if we're looking for a winger he might not be a bad shot- would cost far too much than he's worth, sadly, but here is a smarter player than lennon and one capable of crossing. he's literally aston villa's entire attack, when they aren't playing long balls... although it seems he's better on the left, so who knows. we don't even know how cap will set up the side.

Beckham just publisized it far too much. Going all of the world for charity events, joining Arsenal to train, and constanlty saying "I really want that 100th cap." I think it's a good decision by Capello for the reason of sticking to his own decision instead of listening to the public. Anyway, David Bentely deserves Beckham's place from his recent performances. MLS play is nothing compared to BPL and I think we can all agree on that. Beckham will get his 100th cap some day.

Archived