Drogba Wants to Stay Afterall

TrueBlue89

According to website http://www.newsnow.co.uk, Drogba has said he is happy at chelsea. I'm glad he wants to stay but i wish he would make up his mind.

As long as he is going to stay with us he is going to give similar statements. I want to leave, I want to go..It is just Drogba.

I hope Anelka has good influence on him and he will persist Drogba to stay. With those two in our attack I think we have good chance of winning the CL.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. He's never really said he was unhappy - it's more about wanting to move on to try a new country, rather than hating life with us. He'll have spent 4 years with us and seems determined to play in Italy or Spain.

I also hope Anelka can persuade him that the grass isn't always greener, but I'm sure if one of the top Italian or Spanish teams make a big offer he'll be off. If noone does he'll be happy to stay, I think.

Of course I could be well off the mark here but my feeling is that a lot of these quotes are attributable to responses to leading questions.

Q. How would you like the opportunity to play for a team like Real Madrid/AC Milan/whoever.

A. Of course I would love to play for one of those teams, alongside xxx and yyy.

Interpretation 1. Drogba says he'd like to play abroad.

Interpretation 2. Drogba states he wants to play abroad

Interpretation 3. Drogba issues a statement that he intends leaving in the summer.

Q. Are you happy at Chelsea.

A. Of Course I'm happy at Chelsea (what else could he say?)

Interpretation 1. Drogba is happy at Chelsea

Interpretation 2. Drogba says he won't be leaving Chelsea in the summer.

Interpretation 3. Drogba issues a further statement retracting his previous statement that he intends to leave Chelsea in the summer.

i am pretty much resigned to the fact that Didier Drogba wont be playing for this club after this year

Frank on the other hand, I think the market has fallen out for, between the injury and the constant underrating. I dont think he will fetch the top dollar like Drogs, and I doubt he really wants to leave

But if Jose ends up at Milan in the summer, as seems to be the baseless rumor of the moment, then I would say all bets are off

I for one hope they both stay. But at the same time think its key that DD in particlular does'nt come out with anymore negative comments if he decides he wants to stay.

In his defence though I do also agree with Lofty about certain qustions leading DD into saying things that could be taken the wrong way.

We all know how the press like to twist things in order to make a sensational headline out of one part of a particular sentence.

Drogba needs a psychiatrist to deal with his multiple personality disorder.

That or (more likely) he needs better PR because everything he says is taken by the media as either him asking to stay or leave.

eg. "I am happy at Chelsea" -------> "I plan to stay at the end of the season"

"Eto'o is a fantastic player" --------> "I'm moving to Barcelona"

"The club encouraged me to have my surgery early so I could be fit for the ACN" -----------> "I am staying at Chelsea into next season" and

"I wish Mourinho well" -----------> "when i'm playing with him at AC Milan next season"

Drogba needs a psychiatrist to deal with his multiple personality disorder.

That or (more likely) he needs better PR because everything he says is taken by the media as either him asking to stay or leave.

eg. "I am happy at Chelsea" -------> "I plan to stay at the end of the season"

"Eto'o is a fantastic player" --------> "I'm moving to Barcelona"

"The club encouraged me to have my surgery early so I could be fit for the ACN" -----------> "I am staying at Chelsea into next season" and

"I wish Mourinho well" -----------> "when i'm playing with him at AC Milan next season"

No he just needs to shut up.

Archived