GRANT MUST RESIGN OR BE SACKED

The Brit

doubt it will happen till end of the season, but he is steve mcclaren in disguise...roman also has to take the blame for sticking his oar in when jose was winning him trophy after trophy...the players were poor but grant has to take responsibility...a disgrace

Losing cups was inevitable with him in charge! Of course, anyone who is offered the job back in September, would take it? As a person, we can't blame him for accepting the position, as a Manager, he now needs to go.

Remember we use to win Trophies for fun! We need to act now, or losses like this will carry on and on!

Let's get real now Roman, send your mate back to paperwork, and dial the international code for Portugal!!

jose doesn't have to come back with another team to kill us...grant is doing that on his won...bet the special one is icon_lol.gif right now

Blame MUST be accorded on two fronts. Firstly, the owner for replacing Mourinho with Grant. Secondly Grant for not producing the goods.

Imagination has been in short supply in crucial matches. We have been unsettled by Grant not keeping faith with a steady team. Why must he change players for so many games? Why does Grant also not put Anelka and Drogba in tandem for most of the matches? He has shown he CANNOT play the 4-3-3 as Mourinho could. It is sad that we are slowly creeping back into the pre Mourinho days. We now have a reincarnation of Claudio Ranieri.

How could Roman Abramovich reverse the gains of three years in the space of half a season? Grant has been given a fair number of matches to prove his winning potential and he has FAILED. There is no success in not achieving trophies no matter who else we would have beaten before these crucial matches. I now fear for our Champions League status. Grant has been reported as indirectly stating that he is more interested in delivering the Champions League trophy. Mourinho ALWAYS stated he was interested in ALL trophies. There lies the difference in the two personalities. Today, Mourinho (according to Mourinho's style) he would have strangled the life out of little Barnsley. The one - nil would have been ion the other direction instead.

Finally, hardly anyone can say now that Grant has the big game temperament. He has cracked under pressure at KEY TIMES. He did not stand up vs Manutd, Arse, CARLING CUP FINAL, FA Cup Quarters. Does this not act as a pointer for the next round of the Champions League. He has been seen to drop inform players at crucial times, changed players enmasse, sometimes from game to game. Does this not remind you of any of our managers of the past?

Surely the owner has to bite the bullet for his grave error and rescue the club. We now have "Dead Man Walking" number Two.

Just unacceptable

losing to spurs was bad

but this ....

if he dont go, i want roman 2 go

im just saying that 2 explain how bad i feel about grant

he is a c***

roman needs 2 sort it out quick

sack grant and let clarke take charge till some1 who can manage comes in

i want our club back after it was taken from us in september

I am just so very angry by the result this evening. This was a chance to win anothwer FA Cup and we blew it. As for Avram Grant there is no option but to have him sacked. This type of performance would never happen under Jose Mourinho.

Frankly it amazes me that people are scapegoating Grant for the performance, the players are the most responsible for the performances and the result.

We can say what we want about whether Mourinho should have been sacked, fact is its happend, but I don't think Grant was a bad appointment in the interim and his results (even after this one) are still quite good (4 losses in 38 games i think). Moving him on for a new coach at the end of the season is probably a good idea in my opinion (if a top manager can be sought), but sacking him now would be stupid.

But hey, pannicking and making rash decisions appears to be the norm around here.

Frankly it amazes me that people are scapegoating Grant for the performance, the players are the most responsible for the performances and the result.

Completely agree, the players, just like last Sunday against Tottenham, put in a totally gutless performance and looked like they had absolutely no desire whatsoever to win the game (Bridge and Cole aside) - it was just a complete shambles, but the way the team was set-out, and the substitutions made really weren't all that bad. You could argue he lacked giving them any sort of motivation, but I would of thought Cate, Clarke and JT were responsible for that.

The buck stops with the manager, always has done.

Yes never under jose

No, we never lost a game under Mourinho

We were never knocked out of the Carling Cup by Charlton under Mourinho

We were never knocked out of the Champions League by Liverpool, twice

Or lost to Aston Villa

Mourinho never did stupid things like play Paolo Ferreira as a right sided midfielder infront of Geremi (I think it was Geremi) against Liverpool

We can say what we want about whether Mourinho should have been sacked, fact is its happend, but I don't think Grant was a bad appointment in the interim and his results (even after this one) are still quite good (4 losses in 38 games i think). Moving him on for a new coach at the end of the season is probably a good idea in my opinion (if a top manager can be sought), but sacking him now would be stupid.

But hey, pannicking and making rash decisions appears to be the norm around here.

It amazes me that people still want to be apologists for Grant. I agree there is no point in sacking him now, but he has to go in the summer.

How many big Cup games did this same team look so sh*t under Jose?

Answer: 0

The team reflects it's managment.

Jose had strength, determination, and PASSION. = 6 Trophies

Grant is boring,sloth-like, and shows no emotion. = Spurs and Barnsley.

Grant must go.

It amazes me that people still want to be apologists for Grant.

It amazes me that people here are so intent on blaming Grant that they aren't even angry at the players who at times didn't even appear to be trying.

Unbeleivable...

Archived