No one over the age of 28

mad_mac

According to this interview, we are still after a right back, a midfielder, just one, two strikers and a centre back...none of whom are over 28!

Thoughts as to who these may be...for me the RB situation means that we have given Paulo a contract just to boost his price, and that Ivanovic is merely a back up. The midfielder all depends on whether that is a central mid or a winger. And the 2 strikers don't suprise me

[youtube:3kxwci5p]

[/youtube:3kxwci5p]

Interesting interview...

If 2 new strikers are coming in 2 will probably go out as well... Drogba and Shevchenko?

New midfielder..hope it is a creative one and plays on the center.

Rightback just might be Alves. I think an attacking RB is what we want.

I'm at work, can't see the interview icon_sad.gif would some lovely shed ender like to sum up what is said for lil ol me? sadwalk.gif

Not much that hasn't been mentioned already in the posts when it comes to new signings. Apart from that, they start off by talking about what a shame it was that another injury blow happened to such a nice fella like Cech and how touching it was to see him rush down to the dressing room to check on Carlo when Carlo got injured. They also gave credit to Hilario for being such a professional and they thought he made some excellent saves against Fenerbahce. They also salivated at the thought of ManU dropping points against Arse and us winning our next match. And in the end they mention about the new players coming in. That's about it in a nutshell. 431.gif

According to this interview, we are still after a right back, a midfielder, just one, two strikers and a centre back...none of whom are over 28!

Right back..........yeah okay, I can understand that

Midfielder...........yeah, I can understand that also, particually an attacking one (whether they be a winger or central)

Two strikers............yes, definately so given Drogba's likely to be departing

but...

another centre back............why?...we have Terry, Alex, Carvalho, Ivanovic, how many more do we need?

Right back..........yeah okay, I can understand that

Midfielder...........yeah, I can understand that also, particually an attacking one (whether they be a winger or central)

Two strikers............yes, definately so given Drogba's likely to be departing

but...

another centre back............why?...we have Terry, Alex, Carvalho, Ivanovic, how many more do we need?

a centre-back for carvalho,rumors that he is going to follow mourinho at another club!

yeah the CB position is a mystery to me. Especially if Ivanovic can play there. Has anyone entertained the idea that Terry will leave?

Anyway, I think the RB situation means Boulahrouz and Belletti might leave. Or Belletti stays and Paulo leaves. Thus leaving Ivanovic and Alves? The midfielder, well say cheerio to Sidwell, and maybe Lampard, and hello to Van Der Vaart. Strikers; say goodbye to Drogba and Sheva, both off to the Milans, no suprise there. Say hello to Huntelaar and one other?

Not bad, the addition of those players

Could Ivanovic be another Smertin, a favour by RA to someone ?

Smertin was bought because the transfer window deadline was getting near and we didn't know if Real would sell Maka to us and we needed a defensive midfielder.

Could it be...I know this sounds crazy, but just play along...could it be that Ivanovic is actually a good player and that he was signed based on his merits as a player? icon_eek.gif300.gif

Could Ivanovic be another Smertin, a favour by RA to someone ?

Smertin was bought because the transfer window deadline was getting near and we didn't know if Real would sell Maka to us and we needed a defensive midfielder.

No actually Smertin really was bought as a favour by RA to someone.

Roman looked at multiple clubs before he bought Chelsea and had agreed to purchase Smertin for that new club. It just turned out that he decided upon Chelsea and a player of Smertin's calibre wasn't really required at Chelsea so much as he would have been usefull at a club like QPR.

ivanovic is rated as highly as vidic in his home country. we beat most of the top teams in europe to get his signature. i might be wrong, but i cant remember reading the same thing about smertin.

On January 15, 2008, Chelsea confirmed that the club had agreed terms with Lokomotiv for Ivanovi?'s £9 million transfer[1] subject to the agreement of personal terms and the passing of a medical[2], having beaten competition from the likes of AC Milan, Juventus and Internazionale and Manchester United for his signature. Lokomotiv Moscow announced the transfer fee of Ivanovi? was €13 million (?9.7 million). According to the club, the transfer was the largest in Russian football history.[3] Ivanovi? put pen-to-paper a three and a half year contract with the following day. He was given the number 2 shirt.He made his Chelsea F.C. debut on March 31st 2008 in the Chelsea Reserve team's 3-0 win over the West Ham United Reserves. icon_lol.gif Till now he has not played a single match for Chelsea first team icon_lol.gif .

No actually Smertin really was bought as a favour by RA to someone.

Then why was he one of the last players to arrive at the club that summer if it was already certain that he would move to whatever club Roman bought?

Claudio admitted that Smertin was a panic buy and was only brought in because time was running out and they didn't know if Makelele would sign for Chelsea.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 72,00.html

Despite his struggles for form and fitness, Grant says he plans to keep Shevchenko in West London next season.

"We want to keep the same squad for next year. I think he [shevchenko] will stay," Grant told The Times.

We want to keep the same squad? No one's leaving and no one's coming in? Or are we bringing in new players, but also keeping all our current players? I doubt that can really be the case. Surely at least few players will be leaving(?)

Yeah, and like you Qaz, I'm sure that Milan will believe everything Grant says about sheva at Chels next year. Maybe that explains why he brought on Sheva with 20 seconds to go to show the Milanese that poor old sheva can still technically run - that ought to add millions to the transfer fee! icon_wink.gif

I think a new right back is needed BUT it isn't a priority. We desperately need a creative midfielder, at the moment Joe Cole is our only option and if we want to be ahead of United, Arsenal and Liverpool next season (who will all improve their squads) then we need at least one more player of that mould.

I also think we also need a left midfielder, malouda just isn't good enough.

Plus as you have all mentioned the 2 new strikers to cover Dogba and with Sheva hopefully leaving as well.

As long as that idiot grant is'nt given the money to spend we might be alright. Can you imagine what he'd do with all that money, we'd be a laughing stock. We all new it was a mistake to get rid of JM, but to replace him with this bloke is insulting. Look at the man, he is out of his deph. The real worry is this farce will continue. His own countrymen dont want to play for him how's he going to convince top players to stay let alone come to the club?

Archived