Roman! You Muppet! You Brought The Wrong Chenko!

just

You plonker Roman! You went for the 30 year old has-been who hadn't looked the same player for at least two years before you brought him and, as anyone who had watched him in his prime could have told you, had clearly lost his pace.

You're supposed to know about Russian football and players. The Chenko you should have brought was Pavlyuchenko. Younger, fitter, quicker. Now do the right thing you donut and change one Chenko for the other.

PS: If you buy Deco rather than Arshavin you are even bigger muppet/donut/idiot than we thought.

You plonker Roman! You went for the 30 year old has-been who hadn't looked the same player for at least two years before you brought him and, as anyone who had watched him in his prime could have told you, had clearly lost his pace.

You're supposed to know about Russian football and players. The Chenko you should have brought was Pavlyuchenko. Younger, fitter, quicker. Now do the right thing you donut and change one Chenko for the other.

PS: If you buy Deco rather than Arshavin you are even bigger muppet/donut/idiot than we thought.

Not so sure about Pavlyuchenko, but Arshavin looks the most outstanding midfielder around, and being Russian you'd think we'd be in with a chance of signing him. I agree he'd be a far better buy than Deco, Van Der Vaart, Bently etc...

Played well tonight but that is actually the first game where he has really impressed me in the tournament.

Arshavin, on the other hand, is the only player to rival Modric as the best overall performer so far. Hard to believe he is 27 as he looks about 12.

Played well tonight but that is actually the first game where he has really impressed me in the tournament.

Arshavin, on the other hand, is the only player to rival Modric as the best overall performer so far. Hard to believe he is 27 as he looks about 12.

I agree with that assessment of pavlyuchenko, however I think villa and maybe one or two others could make a case for best in the competition.

Yeah you muppet Roman, you should be buying players solely on their performances at world cups and european championships.

Thats what gets brilliant signings like, Man Utd Karel Proborsky, Arsenal Davor Suker and Liverpool El Haj Diouf.

if we really are interested in buying deco then surely Roman would have a word in Big Phil's ear, arshavin looks like a class act

any one else here gutted modric is going to spurs ? he'll last about one season if they dont make the CL then he can come to us :)

Yeah you muppet Roman, you should be buying players solely on their performances at world cups and european championships.

Thats what gets brilliant signings like, Man Utd Karel Proborsky, Arsenal Davor Suker and Liverpool El Haj Diouf.

Yeah Qaz spot on again. I'm sure Abramovich has only watched him at these euro championships.

He probably didn't watch him come off the bench and score the two goals against England in the qualifiers. And I'm positive Roman doesn't know he has been the top scorer in the Russian league for the last two seasons. He has scored 67 goals in 136 appearances for Spartak and has got 9 goals from 21 full internationals.

Personally, I don't care so much about his goal-scoring record. But I am very impressed with his touch, movement and work-rate. And if you gave me a choice between the £30 million 31 year old Chenko or the 26 year old £10 million Chenko I know which one I would plump for.

Good job I'm not Roman isn't it?

Buying Sheva is a mistake, not finding a proper way to use him is another, and that was not Roman's fault at all. Pavochekno is a worttwhile option, but he is not the finished product at this stage. I like the look of him, but I wont expect 20 goals a season based on his performance so far..

Archived