Chelsea Vs. Lokomotiv Moscow

Ruh Buh Juh

Our first serious pre season match tomorrow with some silverware involved with Chelsea, Lokomotiv Moscow, Seville & AC Milan in the Railways Cup. Everyone will have to step up their game slightly and we should have an interesting game ahead of us.

Ballack is back for the game, he might start, he might not, we'll wait and see, but it's good to see him back training with everyone else.

I'm looking forward to a Lampard | Ballack | Deco relationship with Essien taking over the defensive duties, myself. It should work, I hope, with Lampard's running, Ballack's power and Deco's passing, it should be very interesting to see if it works or peters out into confusion between them, I certainly hope not.

Come on Chelsea! :lol:

I think Lokomotiv will be more of a physical battle for us than the Asian teams have been in the previous matches... even against the Asian teams we struggled to deal with set-pieces which i think is something that needs adressing because last seasons we conceded some farcical goals from corners and free-kicks. I'd like to see di Santo partner Nico up-front at some point during the game as well just to see how that would pan out. I expect to see Hilario get some playing-time today also.

team line up

cech

ferreira

JT

Riccy C

A cole

deco

essien

lamps

obi

j cole

anelka

apparently essien is playing on the right side of a front 3

good move by scolari, gets essien to show just how good he really is as an attacking mifielder, plus he gives paulo extra support to

Archived