Anti Virus Help

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

any IT experts about ?

I currently use Norton anti virus which is up for renewal but at £39.99 I think this is a bit step . Any ideas of cheaper alternatives ? I am a bit worried as I use a wirless connection so want to make sure it is pretty safe

Thanks

if you want to pay then i`d go for f-secure or kaspersky. theyre the 2 best in my opinion. if you want free then avg or avast are both pretty impressive considering they are free. never ever under any circumstances use norton again. ever.

if you want to pay then i`d go for f-secure or kaspersky. theyre the 2 best in my opinion. if you want free then avg or avast are both pretty impressive considering they are free. never ever under any circumstances use norton again. ever.

DKW is correct, I've learned that the hard way.

The problem with Norton/Symantec AV is that is works GREAT for viruses, but is useless against Trojan programs, even those it can detect. This is because most new trojan (spyware/adware) programs actually disable the files and processes Norton uses.

Another good one is Trend Micro Security Centre. It is also well worth downloading free anti-spyware programs such as Malwarebytes Anti Malware or Spybot Search and Destroy, for added protection. However, under no circumstances should you ever run more than one AV program on the same system- they will cause crashes.

my computer had a trojan in it and i was actually able to save my computer by having the kaspersky program installed, so I'd go for that. Always buy the best protection software or you'll have to wait 2 months to get your computer back :o

my computer had a trojan in it and i was actually able to save my computer by having the kaspersky program installed, so I'd go for that. Always buy the best protection software or you'll have to wait 2 months to get your computer back :o

I read recently you can get Kaspersky free if you bank online with barclays. I'll post a link later.

Another vote for AVG from me. I've run the free version for at least 3 years and never had a problem.

Hated Norton!

By the way Tea Bar, I tried to PM you today but for some reason couldn't send the msg (don't have your private email). Thanks for your earlier help. Have emailed Laura and awaiting a reply on my Dubai questions.

Cheers mate.

Another vote for AVG from me. I've run the free version for at least 3 years and never had a problem.

Hated Norton!

By the way Tea Bar, I tried to PM you today but for some reason couldn't send the msg (don't have your private email). Thanks for your earlier help. Have emailed Laura and awaiting a reply on my Dubai questions.

Cheers mate.

No probs glad to help mate hope the information you get is useful .

• 3 weeks later...