Wii - what do I need

bonetti

Looks like Im gonna have to give in and buy my 5 year old a Wii

As someone who has only ever owned a PS1 and never used it can anyone tell me what I need to buy - in particular regarding the hardware accessories ie controllers Nunchuk (whatever that is) etc

The more I know and the less time I can spend with the spotty kid in Game, the better

Ta

As far as i can remember if you buy just the Wii (without any other games included in the pack) then you get the consol, cabels, 1 normal controller and 1 nunchuk (the nunchuk is used for games where you need to use both hands - boxing etc) im pretty sure that the consol always comes with Wii sports which is very basic game with tennis, boxing, bowling, baseball and i think golf.

Thats what you get with just the basic box, consol thing lol

I'm guessing youre getting it for multiplayer games and so if you are you'll need to get another controller and nunchuk. I think you can buy these seperatly but i think its cheaper if you get Wii play witch is a few mini games that comes with another controller and nunchuk aswell. Thats just what i can remember so check before you just buy those lol

p.s. id check play.com if i were you as theyre generally cheaper than game.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/1032617/N...ts/Product.html

thats the consol with wii sport and as far as i cant tell 1 nunchuk and 1 controller.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/1720583/-...;searchsource=0

thats Wii play which it says includes the normal controller but says nothing about a nunchuck

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8084578/N...te/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/8084614/N...te/Product.html

those are the controller and nunchuk sold seperatly

A nunchuk?

A. A member of the religious order of vomiters?

B. An Australian throwing contest where nuns are substituted for dwarves?

C. A corruption of the old eskimo word nu'un-tiak meaning a slab of salt cod offered as an inducement to illicit sex?

And Bonetti, WHY do you feel obliged to buy your 5 year old a Wii? If you're already being blackmailed by your child, what chance is there for you by the time he's fifteen?

A nunchuk?

A. A member of the religious order of vomiters?

B. An Australian throwing contest where nuns are substituted for dwarves?

C. A corruption of the old eskimo word nu'un-tiak meaning a slab of salt cod offered as an inducement to illicit sex?

And Bonetti, WHY do you feel obliged to buy your 5 year old a Wii? If you're already being blackmailed by your child, what chance is there for you by the time he's fifteen?

I thought it would give me more time to help my wife with the housework/cleaning/ironing

the wii is great you only need the nunchuck on wii sports to do the boxing

most of the other games require the nunchuck to but it does tell you on the back of the game box if a nunchuck is required to play the game

if its a 2 player game you will need 2 nunchucks and 2 remotes

Get Boom Blox - Steven Spielberg's first ever game, and whilst it's completely not what you think it'd be, it's still completely awesome, best party game on the console by a mile (other than Wii Sports of course, which you should already have)

Get Boom Blox - Steven Spielberg's first ever game, and whilst it's completely not what you think it'd be, it's still completely awesome, best party game on the console by a mile (other than Wii Sports of course, which you should already have)

Wow...never heard of that one. Then again, I don't read the gaming magazines or websites all that much. Anyway...a great partygame is just what I've been looking for as a Christmas present for my brother. So far my first choice has been Super Smash Bros. Brawl although I've read some pretty negative things about it. After reading your post I read some articles on Boom Blox and I think I've got a new #1 on my list.

Cheers blizeH! :D

Archived