The Adidas Era (2006/2007 - 2016/2017)

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Someone posted this on Reddit and I thought we'd have a discussion about it.

Now that the Adidas era has officially come to an end, what kit was your favorite? What were your favorite memories of the kit? What was your least favorite kit?

Personally, the 06/07 kit is one of my favorite ever. There's just this feeling about it that's so elegant to me. Also, the 09/10 kit I thought was pretty simple and effective. Hated the 10/11 kit. Didn't like the 11/12 kit either but the CL win made it memorable for me.

euziie6hki0z.jpg

Favourite kit was 11/12. White on the sleeves and slight hoops made it unique. Having said that i don't think any of them were ever as nice as the Umbro kits, hopefully Nike can make some stunners.

Edited by RIP Mourinho

They're all much of a muchness to me, tiny little changes designed to extort as much money as possible from fans. Personally I wouldn't pay £40-50 to be a walking advertisement for Samsung or Yokohama Tyres.

51 minutes ago, bluedave said:

They're all much of a muchness to me, tiny little changes designed to extort as much money as possible from fans. Personally I wouldn't pay £40-50 to be a walking advertisement for Samsung or Yokohama Tyres.

You'd be a walking advertisement for Chelsea.  They're Chelsea tops.

6 hours ago, Van Butsen said:

You'd be a walking advertisement for Chelsea.  They're Chelsea tops.

Except that they have "SAMSUNG" and "YOKOHAMA TYRES" in massive letters on the front. But if other people are ok with that then that's fine with me.

Decided to add the away and third kits.

2006/07:

Away

1417089534037.jpg

Third:

3bed91eacee9498b934e6c6c2501cf15.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007/08:

Away:

chelsea-yellow-away-kit.jpg.f0e3d7e53ac90c8aed197b7c86faaa92.jpg

Third:

1471594822637.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008/09:

Away:

ChelseaTeam-FCBarcelonavsChelsea.jpg

Third

awaykit.jpg.bedfd89d95055c6b5fce017a9f197576.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10:

Away

Chelseas-Didier-Drogba-001.jpg

Third

image1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11:

Away

chelsea-away-2010.jpg

Third

Birmingham+City+v+Chelsea+Premier+League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011/12:

Away

adidas-Real_Chelsea1.jpg

Third

Chelsea_3rd_1112_players2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13:

Away

Cheselafcaway211.jpg

Third

Chelsea-Third-Kit-Img1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013/14:

Away

chelsea_away_shirt_2013_14_adidas.jpg

Third

Chelsea+13-14+Third+Kit.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15:

Away

adidas_unveils_chelsea_fcs_new_2014_15_a

Third

Chelsea-14-15-Third-Kit+(1).jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16:

Away

new-2015-16-away-kit.img.png

Third

chelsea-15-16-third-kit+%25282%2529.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17:

Away

1468223550696.jpg

Third

chelsea-16-17-third-kit-1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turned out to be a long post. But I guessed I saved everyone else the work.

Fire away.