Hiddink Staying

Makelele

In Russia, only a few men get their way... football in Russia, only one man does, I can see it happening. I'd be delighted if he did stay, means we've got some stability (as much as CFC can have) going into the transfer market and next season.

He's got a great pedigree, for sure, but only time will tell, and I'd like to see him and how he makes us play for a bit longer than 2 games before I make my mind up.

A new manager was always going to galvanise the team to a certain extent, as players know they need to step up and impress the new boss. Where we are come May is really the only good indication of whether he is the right man for the job.

I am optimistic though..

He's got a great pedigree, for sure, but only time will tell, and I'd like to see him and how he makes us play for a bit longer than 2 games before I make my mind up.

A new manager was always going to galvanise the team to a certain extent, as players know they need to step up and impress the new boss. Where we are come May is really the only good indication of whether he is the right man for the job.

I am optimistic though..

I wanted him and thought we'd got him infront of Filis. Time will tell how good he'll be long term, but he's making the right noises at the moment.

It all depends on Roman. They seem to have a decent working relationship in the making, but it all come's down to who is targeting and signing players in the long-term. Let's keep favoutism and sponsership deals out of the equation and let the manager manage, if it proves to be Hiddink, them I'm all for it, but if we find ourselve in a 'Filis situation' at the end of the year, we'll need to look elsewhere.

The latter question is a crucial one MB.

Whoever is in charge next season HAS to be the one who identifies our transfer targets, and decides who stays and goes.

It is obviously not good for a manager to have no chance to shape his own squad, nor it is good for him to have the excuse of 'well they weren't my players' if it all goes wrong.

I am optimistic though..

Agree with that. A pair of 1-0s against good sides is hardly an indication that he is the messiah, but the teams efforts have redoubled in the last few weeks, and he looks as if he isnt satisfied even when we do well. That, to me, is one of the hallmarks of a true winner.

If its a choice between going back to square one in the summer and keeping the Guus, I want to keep the Guus.

I would absolutely love it if it happens, as Hiddink is the only coach since Mourinho who has actually filled me with confidence. It probably won't happen, though.

Totally agree . I thought his aftermatch comments on Sky after the Juve game were very revealing in regards to the reasons why Juve bossed the 2nd half and showed what a sharp football brain he has.

Be happy if he stays but he seems to really enjoy the Russian job and has not indicated he would give it up.

Could we really expect to have a strong manager with 2 jobs given the demands of Chelsea ?

I already said on this forum that i'm 100% sure he's gonna stay. There's a great difference between the interviews he did for the English TV/Newspapers, and the Dutch. In many dutch interviews, when he got the question that he's gonna stay if everything work out well, you could see on the expresion on his face that he's gonna stay. He just said that he's gonna stay only till May because it's easy for him to leave then if things didn't turn out well.

I would absolutely love it if it happens, as Hiddink is the only coach since Mourinho who has actually filled me with confidence. It probably won't happen, though.

I was filled with confidence when LFS came and we won games early on.. I'm very confident with Hiddink and why shouldn't we be. I think Roman has asked him to stay for long term and I honestly think he has thought about it. Hope he makes the right decision although I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Just wondering what will happen at the end of the season will Guss stay or will he go I know what he says he is going no matter what,but is this a good thing or bad that we will change managers again are we becoming a R.Madrid.Don't we need stability as a team and a club or are we a laughing stock or does it matter who's in charge as long we have Roman there we will be ok? :rolleyes:

Just wondering what will happen at the end of the season will Guss stay or will he go I know what he says he is going no matter what,but is this a good thing or bad that we will change managers again are we becoming a R.Madrid.Don't we need stability as a team and a club or are we a laughing stock or does it matter who's in charge as long we have Roman there we will be ok? :rolleyes:

Guus will leave. I don't think he'll stay.

And as for changing managers all the time I agree that we need stability. We do sack too many managers at the moment. Guus leaving us is okay though because he is only the interim manager and I think everyone has understood that. Some teams get the assistant manager to be the interim manager and some get someone else at the club. We were just lucky (hopefully) enough to have an owner who has Guus as a friend (well they know and seem to like eachother anyway).

I too think that Guus will leave, he seems a man of rare integrity, and if he says he will go I think he will go. Roman should then go on bended knee to Jose, and assure him that there will be no interference in player-buying, team selection etc and give him free reign to stand or fall on his own descisions. Rarely in sport do you get something that is special, he is made for us, and we were made for him.

Left alone to do things his own way, I believe Jose can deliver and make us truly a world football power.

If however, Guus decides to stay, based on what we have seen so far, I would be more than happy.

My gut feeling is that Guus will leave come the end of the season. I guess if we win a trophy, that may make it a little harder for him to leave, and the bookies seem to think he's staying, but he keeps insisting he wont be staying on, and I believe him on that. As for next season, we need stability without a doubt. I would love for a youngish manager to come in and be given five years to build a team, becuase in my opinion, most of the current squad needs an overhaul, but due to the current economy, it may have to be done gradually. For me, the stand out candidates would be a Zola/Clarke partnership, O'neil or Moyes, although i see no reason why either of the latter two would want to leave the security of their current jobs where they have been very successful, to take on a chelsea team that has had something like 4 managers in 18 months.

My gut feeling is that Guus will leave come the end of the season. I guess if we win a trophy, that may make it a little harder for him to leave, and the bookies seem to think he's staying, but he keeps insisting he wont be staying on, and I believe him on that. As for next season, we need stability without a doubt. I would love for a youngish manager to come in and be given five years to build a team, becuase in my opinion, most of the current squad needs an overhaul, but due to the current economy, it may have to be done gradually. For me, the stand out candidates would be a Zola/Clarke partnership, O'neil or Moyes, although i see no reason why either of the latter two would want to leave the security of their current jobs where they have been very successful, to take on a chelsea team that has had something like 4 managers in 18 months.

Techincally, he hasn't said that. He's said that he has a deal with the Russian FA that allows him to balance the two this season. He hasn't said anything about not staying :sign0195:

While RA owns Chelsea and pays Guus' salary we will constantly hear rumours, moving Guus to Chelsea. It's a true since 2006 when Guus has been revealed as a new Russian coach.

Someone here has called me 'Walter Smith' few years ago when I've said Hiddink had promised to extend contract till 2010 and won't leave before Euro 2008.

His integrity is and always was unquestionable. After Wigan he has given a large interview to Russian press once again telling about the importance of qfl games in autumn and his desire to finish with Chelsea at Rome.

The concern I have is if RA should refuse to pay GH's salary and Football union won't be able to get this money + keeping in mind economical 'crisis'

then anything can happen.

Archived