Hiddink says what we all know

just

It's a strange situation really, I would love him to stay but I have got even more respect for him because he is keeping his word..

I don't think any manager can compare with the dignified way he conducts himself to the media, even in that interview where we all know he feels the injustice he holds back just enough to not come across as a man looking for excuses..I think if you hadn't seen the game and just listened to what he had to say you would realise it was an injustice.

Also on the BBC:

Hiddink considered Chelsea U-turn

Guus Hiddink has revealed he had "second thoughts" over his decision not to extend his time as Chelsea manager.

Hiddink has made a big impression since taking over at Stamford Bridge but will leave at the end of the season to carry on his full-time job as Russia boss.

"I've many second thoughts, sometimes third thoughts," said Hiddink, 62, after Chelsea's 2-0 win over Blackburn.

"When I see the reaction of the players I feel a kind of sadness but I have to leave and that is the reality."

Hiddink bid an emotional farewell to the Stamford Bridge crowd at the club's final home game of the season in which Chelsea fans held up placards begging the Dutchman to stay and sang songs urging owner Roman Abramovich to keep him as manager.

He was also given a guard of honour by his players, many of whom have repeatedly voiced their desire to see him remain in charge.

Full story here

I think there is no doubt he wants to stay, whatever he says publicly...But Russian politics means he has to go back or he and Roman would end up in siberia somewhere...i have high hopes that when ancelotti or whoever inevitably balls it up, he comes back for good after the world cup

Archived