Players we need to sign...

Wilson19
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Aguero is hopefully coming....Hamsik I don't think can be purchased in this window, but I'd love him to be.

Hart is in phenomenal form, but I don't think he'd come to Chelsea, risk becoming a second keeper, when playing like this for Birmingham is probably getting him into World Cup reckoning.

We don't NEED anybody. Aguero and a new target striker would be nice, but this team should be good enough to win the premiership this year without them.

We don't NEED anybody. Aguero and a new target striker would be nice, but this team should be good enough to win the premiership this year without them.

Try watching all of our games since we beat Arsenal 3-0 and then say that again hand on heart.

In some of those matches we have looked like a mid-table side, We made West Ham look good FFS!!!

I'd say we definitely need Aguero. We also need 4 or 5 of the existing squad to play a lot better than they have been.

Try watching all of our games since we beat Arsenal 3-0 and then say that again hand on heart.

In some of those matches we have looked like a mid-table side, We made West Ham look good FFS!!!

I'd say we definitely need Aguero. We also need 4 or 5 of the existing squad to play a lot better than they have been.

Nibs

I think that's a bit of an over-reaction. With my hand on my heart. We diodn't make the Spammers look good, they ran about a lot is all.

But I also think we need ALL of the existing squad to play a lot better than they have been, not just 4 or 5 scapegoats. We've been knocked back by some less than perfect team performances and some very sh*tty luck, but I'm still convinced that if this current squad of players turns up and plays to their abilities we would kick the ass of any other team in both the premiership and the champions league. At the moment, I can't think of any player who has done really well since L'Arse

Kev

You've got a fair point but i think the problem is what about next season and the season after and not neccessarily this season so i think we need to get the chequebook out. We need a CF to act as strong competition for anelka e.g Villa, Fabiano, Pazzini. We need an AM e.g Aguero, Ribery and a DM to release essien to play in a more advanced role e.g Veloso or De Rossi someone who can control the play at a high tempo as we are far too laboured in our play when mikel plays.. Ideally signing aguero would kill two birds with the one stone as he can play am or cf but i'd like to see us sign him and a cf

Haha you wont get Hart. No chance.

I agree that we won't but I also think you will struggle to keep hold of him unless you decide to bite the bullet and replace Given (which you won't). Man Utd will be looking for a new keeper very soon (probably next season) and Arsenal will surely one day realise that Almunia is not the keeper of a title wining side. When that happens Hart, if he maintains his form, is bound to interest them and his career will be afar better off by moving than waiting for the chance to replace Given.

I agree that we won't but I also think you will struggle to keep hold of him unless you decide to bite the bullet and replace Given (which you won't). Man Utd will be looking for a new keeper very soon (probably next season) and Arsenal will surely one day realise that Almunia is not the keeper of a title wining side. When that happens Hart, if he maintains his form, is bound to interest them and his career will be afar better off by moving than waiting for the chance to replace Given.

Just heard on the news today that Van der sar is on indefinte leave, his wife got taken ill with a brain tumor over christmas.

I agree that there will be envious glances being cast around the league at Joe, but we have him contracted for another 4 years and could loan him out again next season if we see fit. Personally I would have him back now over Given. The guy is a brilliant shot stopper but seemingly has lead boots on when it comes to leaving his 6 yard area. I would go as far to say that he has caused some of the defensive errors due to players having to defend from the 6 yard line out at all times.

Trust me that he will never sign for the scum. He hates them. Arsenal I wouldnt begrudge him, but anywhere else would be a shame. We worked hard on bringing him through since his Shrewsbury days and I would be mortified to see him leave. He is undoubtedly the best English keeper around and can only get better. I wanted him to be our Casillas in that he grew and learnt with the team and our number one mainstay. The problem being that Hughes seems to only like players he signed so Joe was forced to move for no other reason than that. He had done nothing wrong to warrant us signing Shay.

The point is Bluemoon though how many times will he be content being papped out on loan waiting to fill Given's boots if he has the possible option of a permanent deal as the first choice keeper at one of the league's biggest clubs.

He may hate Man U but this is his career we are talking about and far stranger things have happened in football.

The point is Bluemoon though how many times will he be content being papped out on loan waiting to fill Given's boots if he has the possible option of a permanent deal as the first choice keeper at one of the league's biggest clubs.

He may hate Man U but this is his career we are talking about and far stranger things have happened in football.

He will be the mainstay keeper for years at one of the leagues biggest clubs if he has the patience.

How many years of patience will that have to be? He could be the England keeper for the next decade or more if he is an established first team player at a permanent club. Will he want to waiit another two eaosns beyond this one and run the risk of someone stealing a jump on him?

The reason I say Hart is not because his form just now but I have always thought he was good although I was never keen on him. I thought he would just be a daft teen all about saying "Yeah I am good and make lots of money" but he doesn't do that, he is very professional and is brillaint, especialy for his age! Another reason, he is English. And If he plays for Chelsea that would be a massive accomplishment for him and Capello would take notice and he could possibly be considered for England. I can say that myself even though I am Scottish so it really says something lol.

Why do you want Joe Hart? you have Peter Cech ffs, the best keeper in the world.

Hart was great while he way playing for us, but Given is better, plain and simple. Likely he will be better for another 2 seasons also, that takes him to 35.

If I was Joe Hart, 24 years old, id be happy to stay on season long loans at Birmingham (where he'll see alot of action!) then come back in 2012 and become number one at City as a 26 year old, approaching my peak years at what will probably be a team challenging at the very top by then.

He was always a great shot stopper, but there was some worrying parts to his goal keeping skills also, playing every week is the only way to improve, and thats what he is doing.

But seriously, if you want a keeper at the moment, youd have Given would you?? no chance.

Capello has noticed Hart, he capped him right?? He only needs to be playing every week to go to the world cup, doesnt matter if he is on loan or not.

Edited by crossiemancity