Platini's Dream Has come True

mickyg

Well, Mr Platini must be walking around with a big smile on his face. France, Italy, Spain and Germany representing the final four. How nice for him. It was helpful that the two French teams got drawn together in the quarter finals.

He doesn't have to dream to make these things happen.. ::clap2::

For a brilliant ex-player he seems to be bit sour. Don't know why. He has done his job why doesn't he relax and be like Pele or something? Smile and shake hands of important looking people.

isn't the fact that two french sides drawing eachother an example of platini wanting to reduce the amount of french sides in the CL?

it was when english sides got drawn together.

I just can't seem to keep up to date with the conspiracies.

Well, I think the idea is that neither French side would be good enough to beat anyone else, so might as well make sure one gets in the last 4. Whereas if we drew United, that would knock out a favouruite.

But who knows what really happens - you're right there is a good chance it was random.

He doesn't have to dream to make these things happen.. :unsure:

For a brilliant ex-player he seems to be bit sour. Don't know why. He has done his job why doesn't he relax and be like Pele or something? Smile and shake hands of important looking people.

Because he enjoys free lunches.

Well, I think the idea is that neither French side would be good enough to beat anyone else, so might as well make sure one gets in the last 4. Whereas if we drew United, that would knock out a favouruite.

But who knows what really happens - you're right there is a good chance it was random.

did platini know lyon would beat real madrid too? just don't understand why he didn't fix lyon and bordeaux to play in the first knock out round.

bjd, I think you're behind the times mate. don't want to embarrass you, but I think the consensus is big sam did fix the blackburn game, but fortunately his players were too incompetent to follow through, conspiring to keep a clean sheet.

lucky, eh?

did platini know lyon would beat real madrid too? just don't understand why he didn't fix lyon and bordeaux to play in the first knock out round.

That draw was made at 1 in the afternoon. Platini was striking due to that falling in his lunch three hour.

Archived