2011, the year of the remake

dkw

Just looking for what films we have coming out in 2011 and it looks like Hollywood has ran out of ideas. This is a list of films being remade this year, and some of them are almost on the verge of being sacrilegious.

Akira

An American Werewolf In London

The Blob

Child’s Play

Cleopatra

The Dambusters

Das Experiment

Death Note

Dune

Excalibur

Fantastic 4 Reborn

Frankenstein

Fright Night

Godzilla

Ghost In The Shell

Judge Dredd

The Lone Ranger

Short Circuit

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

The Three Musketeers

True Grit

The Warriors

I would put good money on at least 90% of these being sh*t.

I think 2010 had loads of remakes as well.

And True Grit is from 2010, not 2011.

With the number of movies being produced every year it's only natural that there will be some remakes as well.

And we all know that Hollywood is about making money. Therefore we see Saw 7, Scream 4 and 8 Harry Potter movies.

And remakes will get people to the cinema as well.

Anyway, remakes doesn't have to be bad actually. Last year people hated the remakes of "Let the right one in" and "Karate Kid" even before they were done. But from what I've heard those two have gotten good reviews.

And they really can't make Judge Dredd worse than the original one with Sylvester Stallone because that one was absolutely awful.

I do expect "The Blob" and "Child's Play" to suck though. Hollywood aren't that good at making scary movies.

I think 2010 had loads of remakes as well.

And True Grit is from 2010, not 2011.

With the number of movies being produced every year it's only natural that there will be some remakes as well.

And we all know that Hollywood is about making money. Therefore we see Saw 7, Scream 4 and 8 Harry Potter movies.

And remakes will get people to the cinema as well.

Anyway, remakes doesn't have to be bad actually. Last year people hated the remakes of "Let the right one in" and "Karate Kid" even before they were done. But from what I've heard those two have gotten good reviews.

And they really can't make Judge Dredd worse than the original one with Sylvester Stallone because that one was absolutely awful.

I do expect "The Blob" and "Child's Play" to suck though. Hollywood aren't that good at making scary movies.

God yes, to make a film worse than that has to be impossible. Stallone couldnt even saw the word "Law" for gods sake.

Superman is coming mighty close, there's been at least 4 different versions of Superman, with another one set for 2012.

How many Batmans we had now, must be about 6 so far.

That was the one that worried me when I saw that list, I loved that film.

Gutted to see that this is being remade! I have the collectors edition Directors Cut, and a Tee Shirt. It's pretty cool as the cut scenes are shown in a cartoon style.

CAAAANNN YOUUUUUU DIIIIIG IIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Gutted to see that this is being remade! I have the collectors edition Directors Cut, and a Tee Shirt. It's pretty cool as the cut scenes are shown in a cartoon style.

CAAAANNN YOUUUUUU DIIIIIG IIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

I got the one a few years ago, no t-shirt in it though. they are gonna ruin it arent they.

Watched True Grit last night...can't remember the original so I can't compare but I couldn't understand half of what Lloyd Bridges was saying.

Lloyd Bridges has been dead for 13 years so I would be surprised if he said anything at all :laugh2:

I guess you mean Jeff Bridges. Yes, he was a bit difficult to understand. One of the few times I wouldn't have minded subtitles.

Lloyd Bridges has been dead for 13 years so I would be surprised if he said anything at all :laugh2:

I guess you mean Jeff Bridges. Yes, he was a bit difficult to understand. One of the few times I wouldn't have minded subtitles.

13 Years? that would explain it then..guess I picked the wrong time to give up Smoking. :)

• 3 months later...