Will FA Cup exit be blessing in disguise?

Champagne Charlie

I'd rather be defending the prestigious cup we held for two years now then rely on the CL for a trophy with an uncertain squad that can't seem to be able to beat lower opposition sides, let alone the likes of Barca and Real. Our players better get back in form and in a drastic fashion to be able to lift the European Cup, the only positive I can see from the exist is resting players to concentrate on the League itself, and that fourth spot!

While it may not matter at all and we could still very well finish outside the top 4 and without a CL trophy, the fact of the matter is that we are out of the FA Cup. Therefore, I appreciate the sentiment that is being passed around, that this is a blessing, to some degree. Obviously it is a damn shame we are already out of the FA Cup, but dwelling on this won't put our players back in the competition or improve our (the fans) moods. Let's see if one less "distraction" can help us keep going in the UCL and improve our spot in the domestic table.

We've been especially blessed this season. First quick exit from the League Cup, now FA Cup is done, title race was over quite some time ago and now it seems even finishing in the top four is slipping out of reach.

Those blessings just never seem to cease....

I think it is a blessing in disguise, Champagne Charlie, because: a) our sole goal now is to finish in the top 4, and B) given the draw, I think our chances of drawing or defeating Citeh at their place would have been about 20% (assuming we would have gotten past Reading).

Getting knocked out of the FA Cup should never ever be considered as anything but a major disappointment. Getting knocked out of the CL whilst you are vying for the premiership is more of a blessing in disguise than being knocked out of the FA Cup.

going out to opposition that have been in relegation form for most of the season doesnt make me feel optimistic about the remainder of our season. Personally im going to try and enjoy our games in europe as the way we are going we wont be playing in it next season.

however im open to the team proving me wrong :)

You'll still be playing in europe next season come what may (barring any collapse of Apocalyptic proportions).

I'd rather finish 8th instead of 5th and qualify for the Europa League.

Edited by Epic

Getting knocked out of the FA Cup should never ever be considered as anything but a major disappointment. Getting knocked out of the CL whilst you are vying for the premiership is more of a blessing in disguise than being knocked out of the FA Cup.

Yes, but my answer was in pure hindsight, knowing what the draw two round hence, which is against Citeh at their home. Given that knowledge, I think it was best for Chelsea to have lost, as opposed to have squeaked by Reading and then get our butts beaten by our nemisis Citeh (you just know that Tevez would have scored twice against us, like he always does).