Reasons to love Roman pt 1

Tim W

The reasons for not considering Rafa for the job mentioned in the article are not good enough for my liking. They should have mentioned the fact that he is absolute and utter sh*te as the main reason why Roman wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Thank Roman for that. I bet he didnt just say no though, I bet in private it went more like "not a chance in hell will I let that imbecile anywhere near my team."

What annoys me is that when you hold the mouse over the link in the first post it says "Roman-Abramovich-says-Rafa-Benitez-Chelsea-manager".

Gave me quite a fright. Not only because I would not want him here but also to see Tim hail Roman because of it :shok:

Thank Roman for that. I bet he didnt just say no though, I bet in private it went more like "not a chance in hell will I let that imbecile anywhere near my team."

I would imagine his response to the person who brought this up was something like: "Great idea. You're fired."

;)

Has Roman ever spoken to the press? Whenever I see them "quoting" him I know its bullsh*t. He's too rich to care about those idiots.

I assume what they're actually doing is quoting one of his hangers on who will do anything to make a few quid at Roman's expense - fact of the matter is, very few people actually know what's going on in his head and I think he likes it that way...

One of the main reasons to love Roman is he's spent close to 1 Billion pounds on our football club,and it sure wasn't for the publicity.

Eat your heart out Arsenal,Man U, West Ham & Man City, who have all their own money making agendas.

its another article purporting to be factual with not one single quote or even a "source" from Roman.

I'd simply imagine Rafa will never be given the job cus he's masterminded exactly 0 cups himself.

Champions League

FA Cup.

??

Both won with teams built by others.

Both won by Rafa.

Every sport has examples of teams that were predominantly built by one manager whilst another came in and elevated them to the next level. The latter always gets the credit and, frankly, I don't see the problem. Building a "winner" without winning doesn't mean a thing to me.

Both won by Rafa.

Every sport has examples of teams that were predominantly built by one manager whilst another came in and elevated them to the next level. The latter always gets the credit and, frankly, I don't see the problem. Building a "winner" without winning doesn't mean a thing to me.

I was just saying what I thought he meant, I dont necessarily agree.

I was just saying what I thought he meant, I dont necessarily agree.

i did mean the he personally hadnt masterminded those wins - everyone knows he technically oversaw the CL final (practically won by gerrard and jerzy dudek alone) and got an FA cup (practically won by gerrard and pepe reina alone) but i dont class rafa as spearheading those victories.

his big spending on players and letting the few gems he managed to acquire go again make him a liability for owners' bank accounts.

also, he couldnt deal with the press and in the end let himself make poorly-advised comments and lowered his standing in the media with complaints and responding to baits from other managers.

as soon as he realised he'd ended up with a side of duff players who were on long contracts he started making noised about leaving and ditched the club leaving it a laughing stock.

also his goatee sucked and he slipped on the touchline like a twat that time.