Vintage Blues pictures and film

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

That Arsenal programme is yellow paint day, amazing how well that's been remembered by so many 40 years down the line.

I remember that game mainly for the non-stop rucking in the Shed, which I've described elsewhere, the yellow paint was just a bonus. Arsenal never made a serious attempt at taking the Shed again after that day, their days as a decent mob were numbered.

Did you and your mates come with us to that match, MK?

Edited by BlueBeard

I remember that game mainly for the non-stop rucking in the Shed, which I've described elsewhere, the yellow paint was just a bonus. Arsenal never made a serious attempt at taking the Shed again after that day, their days as a decent mob were numbered.

As i remember drinking in the rising sun that day arsenal  fans just went into the shed before chelsea fans  remember fighting with some arsenal fans outside went into the shed with some other northsatnd boys and spent the rest of the game aveing a ruck then  getting pissed in that old shed stroke hut stroke bar at back off the shed right hand side how i miss my misspent youth

Cheeky bleeder, I'm only 55 :biggrin:

only pulling your plonker Son lol   year and a bit older than you , BTW you ever recall   dave weeble?   died( brain tummor )many years ago may even be over 30 years now  he use to drink in the black bull

I doubt it, I'd have only been 13 then and although I used to love watching all the fun and games it was another couple of years before I started to get active, Keith used to tell us all the stories of what you lot got up to as he lived round the corner from me, then it was Ray after he started seeing my sister. I know you don't remember but I used to tag along with your lot when I was about 11 or 12 and follow you all into the North Stand, after I'd put my scarf away obviously as I soon learned that colours were very much not the thing for the budding North Stand boy. Hope your well mate, Kev.

The name Dave Weeble sounds familiar, which is unusual as my memory can't normally cope with names. I can be introduced to somebody now and I've forgotten their name within minutes, bloody embarrassing sometimes! Much better at remembering faces.

Edited by BlueBeard

That Arsenal programme is yellow paint day, amazing how well that's been remembered by so many 40 years down the line.

Anyone care to enlighten me about yellow paint day. I'll ask my dad if he remembers it.

The name Dave Weeble sounds familiar, which is unusual as my memory can't normally cope with names. I can be introduced to somebody now and I've forgotten their name within minutes, bloody embarrassing sometimes! Much better at remembering faces.

Better man than me Blue meet a few 70s palS a couple of months ago couldn't for the life of me remember their  faces  you know  receding hairline, middle age spread and the drinkers  red nose  ,well thats enough of me  

Yellow paint day, Arsenal get in early cue full scale brawl. J and his Arsenal mob have the upper hand until surrounded in the second half and leave before the end and never went in there again. The day after the game at Highbury in 77(where we had our best away support in London) we played west ham and they took the shed.