Quality alternative to Sneijder/Modric

BrazilBlue

Ganso? Heard he is almost certainly going somewhere else but we can do the last minute thingy and swoop him.

Also keep an eye towards Bernabeu for any rejects if they are made available.

We could always take a punt on Stuart Holden - I doubt Bolton would let him go for less than £10m, but he'd still be a damn sight cheaper than Sneijder or Modric.

I'm not sure its not a move to big for him, but was one of the most impressive players at Bolton before he got injured.

Like every English player Stuart Holden will be sold to us for an inflated price well above his value (Henderson, Carrol). Banega is an amazing player ide love for us to buy, but he isnt a Sneijder type player...............More a Xavi/Modric style. I believe we need an attacking midfielder in the mould of pre-2010 Lampard. So Pastore would be my pick!

PS. Marchisio definitly isnt Chelsea material. He isnt even Juventus/Milan/Inter material....

Edited by njegos

Like every English player Stuart Holden will be sold to us for an inflated price well above his value (Henderson, Carrol). Banega is an amazing player ide love for us to buy, but he isnt a Sneijder type player...............More a Xavi/Modric style. I believe we need an attacking midfielder in the mould of pre-2010 Lampard. So Pastore would be my pick!

PS. Marchisio definitly isnt Chelsea material. He isnt even Juventus/Milan/Inter material....

Holden is American. Really wish that c**t Evans didn't break his leg, Team USA could really use him right now.

Edit: and news today is that he might not be back until October..../sigh.

Edited by ace

Ganso? Heard he is almost certainly going somewhere else but we can do the last minute thingy and swoop him.

Also keep an eye towards Bernabeu for any rejects if they are made available.

I reckon that it would be easier to sign Neymar and Ganso together as they seem to get on quite well and would have each other to make settling in easier. Whilst they may prefer to go to Spain, if (for example) Real only want one of them and we're happy to take both, I think that could swing it in our favour.

Alan Dzagoev. We even have first refusal on him.Has been a regular for CSKA moscow for the past 2 years. He's 20 and dreams to play for Chelsea.

Comlpetely forgot about this guy. I thought he was a dead cert at one point to come here and be the next Lampard. I don't think he's progressed as well as expected. Still only 21 though.

Comlpetely forgot about this guy. I thought he was a dead cert at one point to come here and be the next Lampard. I don't think he's progressed as well as expected. Still only 21 though.

He probably needs a move to a better club to help him develop in the right direction. His quality is evident though. I ve also heard that he has fantastic attitude and money and wages are the last things on his mind. He just wants to play and improve.

Lampard was not a wonderkid when he came to us. But he had the right attitude to work and develop. Dzagoev could be the next Lampard with more ability to start off with.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only do I not think Juventus would sell Marchisio unless someone paid a huge amount of money, but I also can't see why he's mentioned as an alternative to Sneijder. They are hardly the same kind of player. Marchisio is more of an Essien kind of player. He's not a playmaker.