How long before Roman gets fed up?

Eight Times

Sacking manager after manager, I can't help but feel one day he'll just say, forget this, I've had enough.....

It's a concern that's always in the back of my mind, and what with the new stadium plan falling

through (for now anyway), I don't think he's the happiest at the moment.

Let's try and keep this civil folks!

Roman Abramovich has never had anything other than the best interests of the club at heart and I don't see why that would change now.

We've all seen the boyish grin that lights up his face when we score - does anyone have that hilarious gif? Something happens and he looks really excited and starts clapping furiously with the biggest, most innocent smile I've ever seen on such a powerful man.

Edited by PloKoon13

I've come to the conclusion that he's in it for the long run, finances permitting. His work with the Russian team tells me he loves the sport (although it's hard to not believe he's also ingratiating himself with Putin.) Sometimes impatient young, rich owners eventually settle down and think more long term. I hope that's what happens with Roman.

We will find out what his mood is by how much he is willing to spend this month. It's sad the team still needs roman to bail them out to secure a top 4 finish

It's sad, but you have to blame the managers we've had since Jose. None of them really bought for the future, they all kept with the old "we're ok right now so it's all good" and that attitude has cost us and we're left with the same team that Ranieri and Jose built. I don't think that Roman will get bored, but I just hope that he sticks with AVB until at least the summer. If we get champions league football then stick with him, if not then maybe search elsewhere.

It's sad, but you have to blame the managers we've had since Jose. None of them really bought for the future, they all kept with the old "we're ok right now so it's all good" and that attitude has cost us and we're left with the same team that Ranieri and Jose built. I don't think that Roman will get bored, but I just hope that he sticks with AVB until at least the summer. If we get champions league football then stick with him, if not then maybe search elsewhere.

"None of them bought for the future" - hardly the fault of the managers themselves is it though?

Why would any manager we appoint be thinking long term when the club itself don't? You expect Carlo to be thiking 5 years ahead when he's out of a job in less than 2 years?

Its the CLUBS responsibilty to have a long term strategy in place.

It's sad, but you have to blame the managers we've had since Jose. None of them really bought for the future, they all kept with the old "we're ok right now so it's all good" and that attitude has cost us and we're left with the same team that Ranieri and Jose built.

Nope. Disagree entirely.

The club became focused on buying young players and developing them. This was a policy dictated by Roman Abramovich. Frank Arnesen was trusted with this task. He failed. Back to square one, or in this case, back to 2003.

Edited by wxwax