Even Jose wouldn't get the best out of this lot

Star

Yesterday's performance was a disgrace. When you see the likes of Saha and Henry scoring and you see another pathetic display by Torres and Co. not even the magic of the special one can sort this mess out.

AVB dropped Cahill who needs to prove a point and that again shows his lack of experience and lack of man management.

This is the worst football we have played in Roman's time here. He knows that, I will be amazed if Capello or Hiddink is not at the helm before we play Napoli.

There was clear anti AVB songs during and after the Everton game from the Chelsea away following.

The writing is clearly on the wall

I agree Spiller, he maybe needs four or so years in his native Portugal to rebuild his shattered confidence.

So many comparisons with Jose but the Europa League is not the Champions League and Villas Boas is not Mourinho.

Like Ranieri he is a good guy and goes with my best wishes.

Stop playing this slow passing moving style of 'Barcalona' football will be the first step in getting us out of this mess. It's a simple game, somehow we made it into a game where for the ball goes 10 yards forward, we pass side ways 8 times, plus Mereiless and Boswinga need to hold the ball up for 10 seconds and look around for supp

AVB is not at the same level as Raneri.

Do you seriously think this is a "passing moving style of 'Barcalona' football"?

I think its what AVB was attempting to do in the first few months (and I wish he had stuck to his guns), but as soon as it failed the fans got on his back and the players wanted change. That went well.

I don't, but what makes Barcelona so efficient (although not last night) is their constant closing down of opposition. We don't do that. In fact we don't create chances, no wonder no strikers score the way we play.

I think its what AVB was attempting to do in the first few months (and I wish he had stuck to his guns), but as soon as it failed the fans got on his back and the players wanted change. That went well.

Did you actually go to any of those games? Yes we were better than we are now, but we were not that great to watch, so if he was attempting that he was failing.

Did you actually go to any of those games? Yes we were better than we are now, but we were not that great to watch, so if he was attempting that he was failing.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

I'm quite sick of the debate so i'll be frank- that argument is a load of tired bullsh*t and excuse because our f**king attention-deficit fan base didn't have the patience to actually see the change we bleat on and on about.

It's got to the utter ridiculous stage where we'll take anyone and everyone back, as long as they can get one last hurrah out of these current players and pass the buck on to the next guy when they inevitably get sacked.

You cannot deny AVB has shown potential, had he stuck to his early guns and played the likes of Bertrand and Josh as part of the transition he would have survived the mounting pressure on his head.

Nobody would have expected us to make the top four and had he, he would have gained the respect of everyone in the game.

I'm really torn on this now, after a night's sleep.

If we sack him now, will anything really change? Will the new man bring through thge youngsters or will he continue to pcik the "experience" to try and play their way out of the sh*t?

If we don't sack him, will things only get worse? Or will we be looking back on this 5 years from now with CL and PL trophies in the cupboard, thanking our lucky stars we didn't act too quickly in removing him?

I don't know, but thankfully it's not my decision.

I find it odd about this sticking to his guns. We were minced by both Arsenal and United (who should have scored more) We dropped it because we couldn't win with it, and we dropped it with overwhelming support of the forum lets not revise history too much.

There is a way to progress without the Barca way, which I think is flawed without Messi. But that is another topic again.

Edited by Spiller86

I find it odd about this sticking to his guns. We were minced by both Arsenal and United (who should have scored more) We dropped it because we couldn't win with it, and we dropped it with overwhelming support of the forum lets not revise history too much.

There is a way to progress without the Barca way, which I think is flawed without Messi. But that is another topic again.

I disagree about being "minced" by either Arsenal or United. On the scoresheet, sadly, yes that was true, but it was the first time in a very long time that we had completely dominated either team for large sections of time.

I don't think it's about the "Barca way" which has become more of an irritating cliche that the club itself. It's that teams around the world, Barcelona being just one but also the likes of Dortmund, Lille. Athletico Bilbao, Porto, Brisbane Roar and obviously Germany and Spain showing that a high-pressing game coupled with resting in possession creates more opportunities to counter-attack.

If we ever open a thread about it i'd explain my two main reasons why I think it's a successful trend, but suffice to say it works and when it does it's quite dominant.

We werent minced by either team, we played well going forward against both teams and on another day (with a bit more rub of the green) could easily have won both games.

See where you are coming from Zeta, gladly Roman has to make the decision and not us. This is not a Scholari type of sacking it is more like a Mourinho type decision without history.

The Jose sacking was a mistake, this decision is that crucial .

We're f**king terrible at the moment and have a squad full of players that teams above and around us would love to have. That has to tell you something.

I wouldn't go as far as that.

Mata and Ramires, possibly. Sturridge would probably make the bench. The rest of the team on this season's form, not really.

Clearly I did because I responded to it, & obviously you didn't because you have not answered.

So what did I write that was so wrong? He was attempting to get us playing in a certain way, it was going ok but not brilliantly. I wish he had stuck to it rather than changed to please the fans and players, we nay now be seeing the fruits of his attempts rather than be stuck in some half way to nothing formation and style.

Who?

Mata and Ramires- unquestionably.

Sturridge and Ivanovic- probably.

Lampard and Cech- maybe.

The rest? Not a chance.

I think at the start of the season if you had offered Ash Cole, JT, Drogba, Ramires and Luiz to any of the teams above us they would have snapped our hands off.

He had to change it because we didn't have the personal to play that way, which again was his mistake. We've won stuff & created chances without proper width in our team since Robben left, but now we are crying out for it, as we create so little for our strikers. It he didn't think the squad has what it takes he shouldn't have come out & said he was happy with it.

Whilst I think our players have shown a bad attitude in general, since Ray Wilkins left, I still believe our squad is capable of a title challenge.

I think AVB will come back from this, but I cant see it happening at Chelsea. He's made too many mistakes & not learnt from them.