In memory of Davie Cooper

loz

One of the finest wingers (although he really shouldn't have been a winger - he should have played his whole career in the centre) Britain, and probably Europe, has ever produced. Once names by Gullit as one of the greatest players he has every played against.

Too much of a bluenose to ever leave Rangers even when they were crap and also too much of a local lad to ever want to leave Scotland anyway.

A prime example of a player who was too good for the team aorund him (both at club and national level).

He died 17 years ago today of a brain haemorrhage at the tragically young age of 39.

The video doesn't really do him justice until about 2 mins 15 secs in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRrUjCq_pM

Steve, I saw him a number of times at Ibrox and met him in Helensburgh once. My prize possession as a kid was a hand written letter he snt me when I did a football project in primary seven. Sadly I now have no idea where it is but it has always stayed with me that he took the time to hand write a letter and that his response showed he had read my letter to him rather than just pay lip service to it.

Steve, I saw him a number of times at Ibrox and met him in Helensburgh once. My prize possession as a kid was a hand written letter he snt me when I did a football project in primary seven. Sadly I now have no idea where it is but it has always stayed with me that he took the time to hand write a letter and that his response showed he had read my letter to him rather than just pay lip service to it.

I really hope you find that letter, Loz, what a treasure! The man was a footballing legend.

Wow ! That would be worth finding aagain.