Sir Alex targets ; should we act first ?

Star

Mike Ashby will again bow to hard cash in the summer. Cisse, Tiote and Frei according to inside information in betting circles I have received are in Fergie's sights.

He see's Cisse as his Andy Cole and a perfect partner to Rooney, Tiote as his Roy Keane enforcer and Frei as his young Ronaldo.

My opinion on Frei is well documented, in three years time this kid will be mentioned in the same breath as Hazard and Sanchez.

With the talent to get higher in the pecking order toward Ronaldo and Messi.

Tiote arguably is Essien at his all time best and even before Cisse's master class last night his impact on the premiership has been quite incredible by anyone's standards.

Of all those targets, I would want Frei personally. For some reason, I personally dont rate Tiote as highly as others, I feel he is susceptible to errors and isn't a consistent enough performer,

I would'nt have any problem with the 3 of them to be honest...if Ashley does succumb to the cash, i'd assume somewhere around £30m for his 2 players at least...

Frei maybe around £8-9m.

What i do find a little worrying is this...Marin has already been brought in from Werder Bremen and RDM "allegedly" knew very little about it... so who's making the signings.

Cisse has been excellant this season and undoubtably the signing of the year. I do though like to judge a player after a second full season, many burst onto the scene only to fade. What it does show us is that our scouting network has to improve, there are gems to be found if your prepared to look and at a fraction of the price have paid for some of our 'stars'.

Our signings in the past have left me wondering..We have bought n then sold for fractions of the origional price to save on the high wages..I think if we moniter man utd and who they want to purchase, if they are a player that would fit our squad and are needed,buy the player...Man unt rarely make dodgy buys

I'd take all three. Cisse from what we've seen is world-class. Frei has huge potential, and Tiote absolutely bullied us in midfield yesterday. He was first to everything. I'd like Frei the most though. It may be a risk but the lad is only 18 and if we could get him for less than £10m, it would be a risk worth taking.

Of all those targets, I would want Frei personally. For some reason, I personally dont rate Tiote as highly as others, I feel he is susceptible to errors and isn't a consistent enough performer,

I think he's great, he's a brilliant midfield enforcer and what he has on Mikel is his mobility. But we've already got plenty of CMs, surely we need to offload someone before bringing him in? I count: Romeu, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Meireles and Ramires all competing for the two CM spots, of those only Lampard really falls into the "passer" category

I think he's great, he's a brilliant midfield enforcer and what he has on Mikel is his mobility. But we've already got plenty of CMs, surely we need to offload someone before bringing him in? I count: Romeu, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Meireles and Ramires all competing for the two CM spots, of those only Lampard really falls into the "passer" category

From that list I can see Essien, Meireles leaving and hopefully Romeu going out on loan for 6 months to a prem side.

From that list I can see Essien, Meireles leaving and hopefully Romeu going out on loan for 6 months to a prem side.

Agree with the first two, but I believe romeu is first team material he should be playing more if not for his clause

tbf tiote is amazing but value for money is a huge no no, if we want someone fergie could use as a 'roy keane' i would suggest Kevin Strootman, cisse will have such an elevated price so mousa sow or one of luuk de jong or john guidetti. but frie i would have in a heartbeat, so talented but not going to come with an outrageous pricetag.

Archived