Where is our back bone ?

SpecialOne0506

As a young Chelsea fan (21) I have been lucky enough to have players in our team throughout the years that have CARED about Chelsea. Where is our new back bone coming from? Our new breed of players who actually give a s**t? 

We can keep on buying 'top players' from across the world but money cannot buy you pride, passion and love for the club you play for, like Wise, JT, Lamps... end of the day we need to bring players through our academy when given the chance who would hopefully have that something extra known as "being bothered" about the result. 

I know we are meant to be 'carefree' but our board and Roman are taking that to a new level.

Agreed. I honestly dont think we will find more success if we cant start bring players through. I feel we are turning into Arsenal....

Nice tip tap football, when you are ahead, defend and end the game like Di Matteo, Jose would do. 

Why not bring Lukaku back in January, and bring the likes of J.McEachran through ? 

Agreed. I honestly dont think we will find more success if we cant start bring players through. I feel we are turning into Arsenal....

Nice tip tap football, when you are ahead, defend and end the game like Di Matteo, Jose would do. 

Why not bring Lukaku back in January, and bring the likes of J.McEachran through ? 

Exactly Right.

I love watching our trio of Mata, Oscar and Hazard but you can't help but think of Arsenal when you see them - especially when they get brushed aside so easily. It's great having them but then you need players like Essien and JT at their peak to help balance things up a bit.

Dont get me started on Essien.... why the hell did we loan him out ? He would have been perfect for the Newcastle game.

Essien was loaned out because he was deemed not to be first team material anymore. I would suggest that there was good evidence to suggest this was true bearing in mind just how off the pace he looked last season and how much he struggled to get involved in games.

I have no problem with Essien being loaned out, or for that matter with the sale of Raul Merieles. Both cases had merit for making those descions. The issue is letting both those players go without bringing in a replacement(s). We are woefully short in the midfield at the moment and the team is crying out for an enforcer type player.

As for backbone. Im sure the players do care and are trying their best. It just must be very hard when you are being managed by someone who very clearly does not seem to have a grasp on what he needs to do. Thats where the backbone starts and if your lacking it from the man that picks the team then the players have got no chance.

Guest RFC_CFC

Essien was not good enough for EPL football anymore as was proven last season, he WAS a beast and a class player but injuries messed him up.

We were dealt a blow with Romeu being inured badly while Ramires is going through a stinker form wise.

As much as I despise tubby, the players have to take some blame too. 

All the flair in the world is no good if there isn't a never say die attitude to go along with it in every single match.

We need more grafter like attitudes;  Lampard, Ramires, JT, Ivanovic types..

Some of our smaller guys don't chase back enough and aren't doing enough physically to take a game by the balls, this too is hurting us. 

I don't think they are ready yet to play for Chelsea as often as they need to play at this stage in their careers. It's much better for them to be playing more regularly on loan, than to wait and rot in the reserves. Even if I'd love to see youngsters being introduced into the team, I'd prefer if it was done because they're good enough, not just for the sake of it.

As much as I despise tubby, the players have to take some blame too. 

All the flair in the world is no good if there isn't a never say die attitude to go along with it in every single match.

We need more grafter like attitudes;  Lampard, Ramires, JT, Ivanovic types..

Some of our smaller guys don't chase back enough and aren't doing enough physically to take a game by the balls, this too is hurting us. 

im actually finding it very hard to blame the players. with every passing match it seems to become more clear they are as bewildered and confused as we are. You cant be expected to perform to their full abilites in those circumstances, and i dont place any blame of our spiral at their door.

Guest RFC_CFC

The players need to take it on board too though, lets not kid ourelves these are top drawer players earning thousands of pounds every week.

They should have desire and fight, if not then why are we wasting our time going to cheer them on if they are not going to perform?

I'd like to think the honor of pulling on the jersey of this great club gives you the motivation you need to do well in the job you are paid so well to do.

The players need to take it on board too though, lets not kid ourelves these are top drawer players earning thousands of pounds every week.

They should have desire and fight, if not then why are we wasting our time going to cheer them on if they are not going to perform?

I'd like to think the honor of pulling on the jersey of this great club gives you the motivation you need to do well in the job you are paid so well to do.

Im sure it does give them motivation but if they are being managed badly i think its inevtiable there is going to be flaws to their performances both as individuals and as a team.

I think we are missing John Obi Mikel  ....Please please please let Nigeria get knocked out of the ACN tomorrow

Missing Mikel? Missing WHAT exactly?

Think we've been missing Luiz rather than Mikel to be honest.

I think we are missing John Obi Mikel  ....Please please please let Nigeria get knocked out of the ACN tomorrow

Mikel will still have to play the 3rd place playoff on Saturday if Nigeria are knocked. We won't have him for Wigan either way, but he and Moses are back for next week.

The winning mentatlity installed into the squad by Jose lasted many seasons after he left but it has finally

run its course, until another manager of that caliber is given free reign & time this shyte state of affairs will

continue  especially as Lampard, JT, Coley and other senior players from Jose's team move on in the upcoming

seasons. We are F'd thanks to the CFC board and the revolving door for managers and the sometimes baffling

transfer policy that purchases lots of young untried players in England then loans them out for several years then

moves them on (25 of them at the moment).

Archived