Turan to Chelsea

Butterhampton FC

Heard the commentators during the Copa del Rey final talking about Chelsea planning to activate a release clause in Arda Turan's contract. Do people see him as a player who could improve Chelsea? Maybe fit into the Lampard role over time?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/398026/Chelsea-closing-in-on-deal-for-Atletico-Madrid-s-Arda-Turan

Every time I see Turan play, I just end up thinking that he's got some nice skills but he's criminally overrated.

Now there can't be any more than 2 or so creative attacking midfielders in Europe that we haven't been linked with...

Yes please. Quality player and would fit in perfectly imo. Him and KDB competing for a place on the right next season.

Either play KDB in central or attacking midfield, maybe left wing even but definitely not on the right. If we buy someone for that role then he'll be competing with Moses.

Either play KDB in central or attacking midfield, maybe left wing even but definitely not on the right. If we buy someone for that role then he'll be competing with Moses.

I don't think there's much difference playing KDB on the right or left. All of our options (as proposed in this thread) should be equally adept on either side. Only difference is that KDB is a good centre mid as well. That would be my first choice position for him but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him on the wing considering we still have Lampard, Ramires, Chalobah, Luiz, Ake, Romeu, Mikel (at least at the moment any way). We'd be better with KDB on the right than Ramires.

Archived