Possession football for Chelsea in 2013/14 season

It might seem to be a crazy idea but I would suggest to steal Alcantara transfer under the nose of United, buy a good holding mid like Illarramendi and not buy any striker to play a false number 9. Loan Lukaku one last time and continue with Torres and Ba. Also sell Mikel. The line-up would be this:

---Hazard-----------Mata-------------De Bruyne----

------------Oscar----------Alcantara-------------------

-----------------Illarramendi----------------------------

Cole----------Luiz-------Ivanovic-------Azpilicueta--

---------------------Cech---------------------------------

Sub Mata with either Torres or Ba when Juan is tired or start with a strike when Juan needs a rest.

Subs: Ramires, Torres, Ba, Cahill, Moses, Bertrand, Blackman, Romeu, Lampard, Essien, Schürrle, Wallace, Terry, 3rd keeper.

This team would play the best possession football in England, and one of the best in Europe. But we don't have a manager to play this kind of football. Oh well, one can always dream.

It might seem to be a crazy idea but I would suggest to steal Alcantara transfer under the nose of United, buy a good holding mid like Illarramendi and not buy any striker to play a false number 9. Loan Lukaku one last time and continue with Torres and Ba. Also sell Mikel. The line-up would be this:

---Hazard-----------Mata-------------De Bruyne----

------------Oscar----------Alcantara-------------------

-----------------Illarramendi----------------------------

Cole----------Luiz-------Ivanovic-------Azpilicueta--

---------------------Cech---------------------------------

Sub Mata with either Torres or Ba when Juan is tired or start with a strike when Juan needs a rest.

Subs: Ramires, Torres, Ba, Cahill, Moses, Bertrand, Blackman, Romeu, Lampard, Essien, Schürrle, Wallace, Terry, 3rd keeper.

This team would play the best possession football in England, and one of the best in Europe. But we don't have a manager to play this kind of football. Oh well, one can always dream.

If only....

You should apply I reckon mate, you seem to hold the secrets of playing 'possession football'.

You have certainly thought of lots of super stuff there, you are light years ahead of Mourinho for sure.

Go back to playing Football Manager, Football Manager.

This is real life. I want to play how we used to. 4-3-3. Beat the sh*t out of teams. Stamford Bridge a f**king fortress and winning trophies. 

This is real life. I want to play how we used to. 4-3-3. Beat the sh*t out of teams. Stamford Bridge a f**king fortress and winning trophies. 

Isn't it naive to send someone who never played Football Manager to play Football Manager?

Yeah, Mourinho played that kind of football with Ranieri's team and in 6 encounters in Europe with Liverpool he managed to score one single goal and never beat them in aggregate. That's probably called "beating sh*t out of teams". LOL

Archived