Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zeta

TVs

LED.

LCD's are going into decline, more manufacturers are focusing on LEDs now. LEDs are usually more expensive.

I recently bought a 32 inch LG smart tv (LED) and it's fantastic. I use it for console gaming and watching Netflix mostly. 

Im thinking of treating myself to a new tv after xmas (in the sales) want a 50 inch LED. Anyone know a rough price I will need to spend to get a good tv?

Guest RFC_CFC

Im thinking of treating myself to a new tv after xmas (in the sales) want a 50 inch LED. Anyone know a rough price I will need to spend to get a good tv?

For a 50 one you would be looking at £699 and upwards just now.

Might come down in sales but the better quality ones will remain around that price I think.

Thank you for your reply. Does anyone know what to look for when buying a tv? you see all these details by the price tag but they dont mean much to me.

Guest RFC_CFC

Thank you for your reply. Does anyone know what to look for when buying a tv? you see all these details by the price tag but they dont mean much to me.

Well you looking for a internet smart TV or you want to go all out for the new 4K types?

Smart TV's are great IMO, I have netflix on mine plus youtube ect.

IS the TV for general use or for gaming? Sony TV's are probably the market leader when gaming

I'm waiting a few years until I plump for 4K though, crazy prices just now.

Not really that bothered about make just as long as it isnt some make i have never heard of.

I dont really need a smart TV as my computer is hooked up to the TV but most new TV's are smart now days arent they.

I went on the site that Zola suggested and found a nice Sony 50" which they say is top class for £700. Its a bit more than what i was thinking but if i have to pay that then i will. I was hoping to get something good for around the 500 mark.

Who doesnt want to save money, you fool.

But a TV is an investment, it' s not like you're buying a t shirt that you'll wear a few times then chuck away after a few months. You need to get a decent one, since you'll have it for the next 6 years or so, surely?

Guest RFC_CFC

I have a deal for you but it's only a 40 inch.... cracking TV though. It's LED 3D Smart TV.

It's a one day thing

Guest RFC_CFC

Thanks mate, 40" is far too small for me im afraid. It has to be at least 50". Size matters so im told.

No problem.

I bought one that I'm chucking on ebay or the likes. I'll make an easy profit on that one.

I don't go lower than 48 myself, but for the kids room that would be ideal.