Sign in to follow this  

Sounds like he has decided to extend and stay a Blue!  Think he's a promising player.  Wonder what changed his mind - could be Frank and Jody's imminent hires or perhaps we are selling Alonso.  Either way, I will be glad to see him stay.

https://chelseaecho.com/2019/06/26/juan-castillo-expected-to-extend-stay-at-chelsea/

Edited by mwblue10

I think the expected arrivals of Frank and Jody is the most obvious factor.

Most youth players will be emboldened by the transfer ban and the expected appointment of Frank that they feel they may have a chance (even if it's slim) to break into the first team squad.

Edited by Jezz

16 minutes ago, ENygma said:

Not sure how good he is as I havent seen him play, but it must be a big deal to offer him a contract

He looks promising, but there's been a long list of those.  The big deal though, is that it was almost a given that he was leaving.  He even posted a picture or video of his cleaned out locker, but now has obviously changed his mind - likely due to Frank and Jody coming.

Looks like he's heading back to Ajax.

With Emerson, Alonso, and probably now Maatsen ahead of him in the left back pecking order, he's probably made a good decision to be fair ...

Edited by Sexyfootball

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Looks like he's heading back to Ajax.

With Emerson, Alonso, and probably now Maatsen ahead of him in the left back pecking order, he's probably made a good decision to be fair ...

For the Dutch press he said he went to Chelsea not with the aim to get into the first team, but because the academy is the best place to develop as a player. The Ajax agreement is a loan with reportedly an option to buy.