Jump to content

25th March 1990, Zenith data final


chi blue
 Share

Recommended Posts

Amazing as it, it's 30 years ago today that we played Middlesbrough in the Wembley final, with Tony Dorigo's free kick winning us the final. Not as memorable as the full members final 4 years previous, but a rare Wembley visit at the time. I was about to turn 21, and Italia 90 was just around the corner, time machine anyone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Peckham Blue said:

Carnage going on in the concourse by all accounts.

There were T shirts going around saying No fences this time, harking back to the play off final 2 years before when Boro fans were safely behind the fences at the bridge as the trouble kicked off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was mulling around the concourse at half time trying to get a beer when the song when up “ Boro, Boro run, Boro run from Chelsea”

Must have been a thousand Chelsea walking towards the Boro end...

Id only been to Wembley a few times before this. Seems ridiculous now that you could just amble over to the opposition end with no segregation. Did this happen at other games at Wembley? Probably I reckon but never heard mention of it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 3 weeks later...

Met a bloke at TC’s memorial drink the other week that I hadn’t seen for years and used to work with.

He steamed into a carriage of Boro at Wembley Park. Cut a long story the doors shut and he was the only Chelsea fan on there. Being non stopping to Baker St he took a bit of a hiding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/03/2020 at 13:26, Strider6003 said:

This is a final so rarely mentioned now that we are successful though was a good day out and shame just one goal settled it.

Was looking to see if any of this team were still there when we won the FA Cup from 97, does not look like there were.

image.thumb.png.e13fc6bbb176a3542db54f3179183491.png

 

Erland Johnsen was at Chelsea 97

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 11 months later...

41 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Go on, put us out of our misery !

at least have an educated punt at it fella ? You will kick yer sen when you know what the answer is and my guess is that 

you will miss kick yer sen in the process 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

at least have an educated punt at it fella ? You will kick yer sen when you know what the answer is and my guess is that 

you will miss kick yer sen in the process 

donnyblue:Okay,will have a think about it !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both teams had played the day before on march 22nd with chelsea beating Southampton at the dell 0-1  the mancs played the other mancs on 22nd march . Think its only time two division teams had played to competative games in two days .

 

only 3 chaps have scored hattrick at Wembley with dave speedie been the only jock to do so .
 

aslo man city cool cats came a tad unstuck that day ,but that was not my point tbh .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, donnyblue said:

Both teams had played the day before on march 22nd with chelsea beating Southampton at the dell 0-1  the mancs played the other mancs on 22nd march . Think its only time two division teams had played to competative games in two days .

 

only 3 chaps have scored hattrick at Wembley with dave speedie been the only jock to do so .
 

aslo man city cool cats came a tad unstuck that day ,but that was not my point tbh .

Don't think you were in the running to be the latest Mastermind host what your talking about is the Full Members in 86 this thread is about the ZDS in 1990. 🤣 There's a video and the team sheets on this page as well or didn't you notice. 😂

Edited by bluehaze
Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, donnyblue said:

at least have an educated punt at it fella ? You will kick yer sen when you know what the answer is and my guess is that 

you will miss kick yer sen in the process 

The first three national finals Middlesbrough played were v us ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

The first three national finals Middlesbrough played were v us ?

Now you mention that boro final ,that was the first all Seater game at Wembley if iam correct ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Don't think you were in the running to be the latest Mastermind host what your talking about is the Full Members in 86 this thread is about the ZDS in 1990. 🤣 There's a video and the team sheets on this page as well or didn't you notice. 😂

I stand corrected fella as it seems i got my zenith data and full members wires crossed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!