• Pulisic
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Jorginho for me. Him and Kante played very well, sadly let down by the errors of others.

Jorginho and Kante were terrible. The were dominated in midfield. Jorginho had to play CB just get on the ball and Kante couldn't make a decent pass and tackle all game. They also couldn't stop a single attack from Southampton, they were running through that midfield of ours with ease.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Jorginho and Kante were terrible. The were dominated in midfield. Jorginho had to play CB just get on the ball and Kante couldn't make a decent pass and tackle all game. They also couldn't stop a single attack from Southampton, they were running through that midfield of ours with ease.

They controlled Saints until Kai played Ings through on goal. 

Yes Kantes passing was poor but his work rate and hassling broke up their play several times and Jorginhos ball control and passing, including the glorious pass for goal 2, was beautiful.

For me they had so much work to do and got overrun at times because the only one trying to help them was Mount, and he often had to cover for Chilwell or Dave being caught out.

Pulisic did not bother to defend, when Kai did he hindered us rather than helped. 

Different perspectives Scott. I appreciated what I saw form Jorginho and Kante in the jobs they were asked to do.

We dropped the points because Havertz took them out of the game on goal 1, Zouma played a poor ball and Kepa missed and clearance and James gave away a stupid free kick. 

Basic error after basic error. They do these simple things right and we are all a lot happier now.