Never in the history of football

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Never in the history of football has a team been in more dire need of a proper quality centre-forward. And I don't mean an Alvarez type number 9.

We need a centre-forward who, even if he isn't scoring goals most games, can consistently hold the ball up and allow others to play off him. A centre-forward who can compete physically on equal terms with the likes of Van Dyk, Stones, etc. and won't just be shoved off the ball. A centre-forward who can give us a genuine aerial threat. A centre-forward who has a decent level of intelligent movement, anticipation and inate finishing ability.

As the media regularly, (and quite rightly), point out, it's incredible that we have spent a billion quid and still, still, do not have any player in the squad that is even remotely close to this or ever will be. Because until we sign that player nothing will change, no matter who the manager is or how good or bad the other players are. 

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

😂😂😂

It is very funny @just, we could have used Borja vs city n pool. 

I don't disagree with the point you make there Bob, but Broja is not at the level we need right now.

Unlike others on here I do still see potential in him. But I am not sure he is mentally completely over his injury and he has not yet got the quality or consistency to his game that we need right now.

One thing I am 100% convinced of, Nicolas Jackson is not a centre-forward. He can offer us something as a wide man but will never be a top quality CF.

26 minutes ago, just said:

I don't disagree with the point you make there Bob, but Broja is not at the level we need right now.

Unlike others on here I do still see potential in him. But I am not sure he is mentally completely over his injury and he has not yet got the quality or consistency to his game that we need right now.

One thing I am 100% convinced of, Nicolas Jackson is not a centre-forward. He can offer us something as a wide man but will never be a top quality CF.

I agree with your assessment on Borja. I am also not as high as a lot people here but we really could have used him. 

On Jackson, I really like Jackson, he need to add few 💪💪though. 

I don't think we will sign a st next season, my prediction is we will recall Fofana from Burnley, that's it. 

On 26/02/2024 at 01:42, Bob stark said:

I agree with your assessment on Borja. I am also not as high as a lot people here but we really could have used him. 

On Jackson, I really like Jackson, he need to add few 💪💪though. 

I don't think we will sign a st next season, my prediction is we will recall Fofana from Burnley, that's it. 

I've watched Fofana a couple of times on loan at Burnley. He looks incredibly raw and would not be ready.

On 26/02/2024 at 06:06, just said:

Never in the history of football has a team been in more dire need of a proper quality centre-forward. And I don't mean an Alvarez type number 9.

We need a centre-forward who, even if he isn't scoring goals most games, can consistently hold the ball up and allow others to play off him. A centre-forward who can compete physically on equal terms with the likes of Van Dyk, Stones, etc. and won't just be shoved off the ball. A centre-forward who can give us a genuine aerial threat. A centre-forward who has a decent level of intelligent movement, anticipation and inate finishing ability.

As the media regularly, (and quite rightly), point out, it's incredible that we have spent a billion quid and still, still, do not have any player in the squad that is even remotely close to this or ever will be. Because until we sign that player nothing will change, no matter who the manager is or how good or bad the other players are. 

Arsenal are playing incredible football and their striker for the past couple of months has been Trossard and Havertz. 

It's not going to be solved with a great centre forward. It will be solved by our forwards as a unit being more competent in front of goal. 

12 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Arsenal are playing incredible football and their striker for the past couple of months has been Trossard and Havertz. 

It's not going to be solved with a great centre forward. It will be solved by our forwards as a unit being more competent in front of goal. 

Well they positioned themselves well by building the stadium with Wenger getting them top 4 for ages and with winning very little, while we were winning lots under RA.

Now looks far-sighted and they can throw money at it  (bigger gate receipts re FFP) and have done so reasonably well, Havertz, Rice (lampard wanted Rice), Trossard, Raya all in addition to exciting youngsters like Martinelli, Smith Rowe and Saka. Still have not done much in Europe yet are in a good place. 

Is Arteta the right man to bring silverware, not so sure.

15 hours ago, forbzy said:

I've watched Fofana a couple of times on loan at Burnley. He looks incredibly raw and would not be ready.

😂😂😂 I am about to make raw joke but it will be inappropriate. 

But our board love raw player. 

14 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Aerially Kai is not great but Jackson is absolutely trash.