Ronalinho available for 13M?

Kev123
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

We all hear the never ending story of Lampard being able to buy out his contract next year, but Ronaldinho as well??

According to this article, he is in the same position as Lampard. If so a Ronaldinho/Lampard swap between clubs dosen't sound so unbelievable. I'd rather keep Lamps though, but would love to see Ronnie here as well.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... ble_l.html

strange one this, I dont want to Swap Lamps for Ronnie and hope Frankie finishes his career with us...but

If he has still not signed a new contract (now would be a good time) and decides to buy himself out and we can have a player like goofy to soften the blow I for one will be extatic.

Ronaldinio is one of the best players in the world and maybe could do with a new challenge, Yes it's possible he will get his legs snapped but he knows that this league is a lot tougher physically than Spain and if he thinks he can cut it here I would welcome him with high expectations.

with the style of football we are trying to adopt he would fit in here better than ever and Ten Cate has probobly got an opinion on this worth taking notice of.

to be honest if I watched Zola at his best and he was playing in spain I would have the same fears, he had very quick feet, great awareness but was pretty diminutive and he handled it very well.

Ronnie is very muscular and looks like he might be tougher than we give him credit for, ok thats meaning I dont think he will get knocked off the ball too easily and means nothing if someone wants to take his legs away.

strange one this, I dont want to Swap Lamps for Ronnie and hope Frankie finishes his career with us...but

If he has still not signed a new contract (now would be a good time) and decides to buy himself out and we can have a player like goofy to soften the blow I for one will be extatic.

Ronaldinio is one of the best players in the world and maybe could do with a new challenge, Yes it's possible he will get his legs snapped but he knows that this league is a lot tougher physically than Spain and if he thinks he can cut it here I would welcome him with high expectations.

with the style of football we are trying to adopt he would fit in here better than ever and Ten Cate has probobly got an opinion on this worth taking notice of.

to be honest if I watched Zola at his best and he was playing in spain I would have the same fears, he had very quick feet, great awareness but was pretty diminutive and he handled it very well.

Ronnie is very muscular and looks like he might be tougher than we give him credit for, ok thats meaning I dont think he will get knocked off the ball too easily and means nothing if someone wants to take his legs away.

If Ronaldo can make it here, so can Ronaldinho, at least from the physical aspect.

Stars are made they are not bought as someone said the other day.

Why sell one of our most influential players, who is also vice captain and a regular Mr Chelsea alongside JT to be replaced by a 'ready made' star who has no premiership pedigree. I'm not saying Ronaldinho wouldn't cut it in the premier league, it's just that Lamp's has scored around 20 goals per season every season for us and has a proven track record.

Let's not become a club with a transer policy that resembles a revolving door, unless players cannot make the grade.

Lamps must stay, and I'd make that a priority over signing Ronaldinho!

Stars are made they are not bought as someone said the other day.

Was me. Though im sure others agree

Totally agree Qaz.

Lamps / Terry / Drogba / Cech / and even Essien can be classed as Chelsea heros currently. All for what they have done in Chelsea shirts, not at their previous clubs.

Big names ala Shevchenko and Ballack have someway to go to get into the hearts of all Chelsea fans.

Stars cannot be bought.

There are plenty of players out there who have been stars at more than one Club and I dont doubt if Lamps decides to leave us he will be a star somewhere else,

Hope he stays here but if he does go I hope he stars wherever that is.

Ronnie will always be a star attraction and if he were to come here he would take some outshining, I'd like to see him shine in a Blue shirt.

our players that have been mentioned have become stars at Chelsea but that doesn't mean players who have had good careers elswhere cant have a good one with us aswell.

Qaz also came up with 'Got Milk?'. And he started the internet.

I was also the first man to set foot on the moon

unfortunately he had enough fuel to get back. icon_wink.gif

ronaldinho could join and be "disappointing" and still make a much bigger contribution than swp for example.

• 1 month later...

Just watched Revista De La Liga on Sky Sports and they were saying that the rumour is that Ronaldinho has played his last game for Barca and will be sold in the January transfer window (they didn't say to who). By all accounts he got a fair bit of verbals from the Barca fans as he made his way through the airport after the game against Real last night in which he didn't really perform.

This makes interesting reading as well, especially the part about him missing 50% of the training sessions last season.

[iframe:3j5b4awr]http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/12/24/struggling_ronaldinho_gets_sti.html[/iframe:3j5b4awr]

i heard that Ronaldinho was supposed to start on the bench for the match against Barca, but he started anyway. I haven't been impressed with him over the last couple of months, maybe it's because he's made so much money he's beginning to go on the party route. Sad to see, but with so many young players comming from Brazil, all of them are "mini Ronaldinho's." I don't know if I'd be excited if he came (of course if he scored goals I'd root for him) but i'd rather go for younger players.

If Ronny was available for £5 million I wouldn't take him.

He is on the turn already and going to seed as most Brazilians seem to do after a period of outright brilliance lasting a few years.

He would cause us nothing but trouble, his brother is his agent and apparently just makes things worse and his wages would dwarf the rest of the players causing trouble and strife.

Let Arnesen and co look for the new Ronaldinho and leave the old one for Barca to look after.