Ballack Penalty

AmericanBlue

What are the forum's opinions of the Ballack penalty.

Dempsey clearly tugged on his jersey, but I feel that it wasn't the kind of challenge that should cause him to go to the ground. Certainly appreciate the call, considering the one that was given against Cole in the first. It just seems that Ballack has the size, that he should be able to continue play after a challenge like that.

Comments?

it was a foul and if he had stayed up then the penalty probably wouldnt have been given.

This is true, but we hate it when people use the same defence for Gerrard. It was a dive. The Cole penalty was BS and a dive as well however

Twice he made the most of those situations. In Villa game his falling over was close to being comical not denying he wouldn't have fell, but it looked like he just read the Italian bestseller: Arrivederci legs!

At Fulham I think he knew what he was doing but the penalty was given rightly..

We shudn't be discussing whether it is a penalty or not. Once Ballck falls it sure is a penalty. What's more he gets the refree's decision his way. Before him it was not very frequently that we had penalties. THogh what we should be discussing is how he takes these penalties. Absolutely superb. Dusn't seem to miss it even with his eyes closed. I rate him as a better penalty taker than anyone in the premiership except Arteta.

We shudn't be discussing whether it is a penalty or not. Once Ballck falls it sure is a penalty. What's more he gets the refree's decision his way. Before him it was not very frequently that we had penalties. THogh what we should be discussing is how he takes these penalties. Absolutely superb. Dusn't seem to miss it even with his eyes closed. I rate him as a better penalty taker than anyone in the premiership except Arteta.

We have great penalty takers! Sheva can really smash the ball into the net aswell. I bet Alex can do it also. His finish against Villa was superb.

Archived