If you had one question...

Qaz

kenyon why you such a cnut clap2.gif

I can answer that one for you too.

Peter Kenyon - "i'm not a cnut"

next!... icon_lol.gif

As for me, I'd really like to know what was going through Mourinho's head when he split up the Terry/Gallas centre-back partnership. He obviously has his reasons, but splitting up a partnership that at one stage had conceeded 1 goal in 17 premiership matches is certainly bewildering.

I think I'd ask Mourinho if when he won the CL with Porto and then left without much celebrating with the fans for the money on offer from Abromovich if he thought if he won it with Chelsea he would do the same to them?

I think I'd ask Mourinho if he still follows chelsea.

I think I'd ask Mourinho if when he won the CL with Porto and then left without much celebrating with the fans for the money on offer from Abromovich if he thought if he won it with Chelsea he would do the same to them?

I'm sure their already answered as such

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7165&start=0

Mod

So what does that tell me? he did celebrate with Porto Fans? he did'nt come because Abram offered him a huge salary or just that he's a saint in general?

With all due respect I said I would ask Mourinho...but I can point you to some pro grant articals by people with names you can ignore if you're interested...oh yeah you're not icon_wink.gif

It's nothing about being Pro-Jose, Pro-Grant or anything, I'm Pro-Chelsea as I'm sure we all are, anything that is good for the club, is good for me!

Just thought with the few paragraphs that were apparently from an insider, a good picture could be painted on how Jose felt when leaving and therefore maybe answer the two questions above.

It's nothing about being Pro-Jose, Pro-Grant or anything, I'm Pro-Chelsea as I'm sure we all are, anything that is good for the club, is good for me!

Just thought with the few paragraphs that were apparently from an insider, a good picture could be painted on how Jose felt when leaving and therefore maybe answer the two questions above.

Mod

If you read the posts that followed the "insider" post you will know where I stand on it and that Pro-Jose is why you and others choose to give more creedence to that than posts which have real people with names like Anelka on the other thread,

I thought Mourinho was good when he was here but as you know I now give my support to the man in charge and find it hilarious that he can be slated post after post unyet if an obvious truth like I just stated about Mourinho (and I dont blame him for coming here for the money) it takes about two minutes for him to be defended.

The thing is he was paid to do a job and likely has no more affection for Chelsea fans than he has Porto fans in fact being as he is Portugese

he may even feel closer to them but he still left them managerless as he could well have done us in the same circumstances had a better offer come in.

My post really as usual is just saying why not get over him.

Just butting in on the Jose/Porto/Chelsea argument here.

Firstly I thought the reason he gave for not celebrating as one would expect was due to a certain so called fan who had phoned up and made death threats towards him and his family.

Whether they were to be taken seriously or not is really not the point, it would make me nervous and keen to scarper off pretty damn quick from any celebrations on the pitch.

And as for leaving Porto for more money and a bigger opportunity, well why not? He had won everything there was to win in a smaller European league and there was nothing further for him to win.

Pinto da Costa the President knew he couldn't keep him. It was the end of the season any way and so leaving them "managerless" after the CL win was hardly a disaster.

And if you read Jose's Melons by now infamous insider thread perhaps as Mod said the question is probably answered - If Jose had won the CL with Chelsea he would have surely stayed, the circumstances here with Chelsea would have been entirely different to where he was in his life when he was at Porto.

At Porto he had reached the summit, there was no where else to go within Portuguese football and he quite rightly wanted to stretch himself as he clearly was ambitious. So he took the pots of money Roman gave him and a project that seemed exciting to him.

I don't see Porto sobbing into their hankies too much, thanks to Jose's depature they flogged a lot of their players off for simply exhorbitant amounts and have just celebrated winning yet another league title.

Still it's all history now we are never going to know for certain.

I'm sure when that Silverware comes in this season, we all will.

I would'nt be holding my breath for that..maybe next season but I doubt even that will change the way people on here feel.

To be honest, I think you're right it wont for some of us.

And yes that possibly includes me! icon_lol.gif

Oops, seems this thread has become a Grant v Mourinho thread (as they all tend to end up eventully) what was the thread about again?

Ah yes, I still say "why Kenyon!"

That man must have a purpose for something, just damn well can't think what. 300.gif

Just butting in on the Jose/Porto/Chelsea argument here.

Firstly I thought the reason he gave for not celebrating as one would expect was due to a certain so called fan who had phoned up and made death threats towards him and his family.

Maybe thats why Grant does'nt appear to smile too much, Death threats...mind you he has'nt shot off yet so perhaps he's a little bit braver icon_wink.gif

Whether they were to be taken seriously or not is really not the point, it would make me nervous and keen to scarper off pretty damn quick from any celebrations on the pitch.

And as for leaving Porto for more money and a bigger opportunity, well why not? He had won everything there was to win in a smaller European league and there was nothing further for him to win.

why not? and as I said if he got a better offer when he was he I dare say he would have thought why not? again

Pinto da Costa the President knew he couldn't keep him. It was the end of the season any way and so leaving them "managerless" after the CL win was hardly a disaster.

no disaster for you like him leaving here was no disaster for me but to a club like Porto, winning the CL maybe made them a little bit upset at losing the man that helped them do it.

And if you read Jose's Melons by now infamous insider thread perhaps as Mod said the question is probably answered - If Jose had won the CL with Chelsea he would have surely stayed, the circumstances here with Chelsea would have been entirely different to where he was in his life when he was at Porto.

Why then would he have surely stayed? because you choose to believe what suits you or because he could'nt have possibly got a better deal than he had at Chelsea?

At Porto he had reached the summit, there was no where else to go within Portuguese football and he quite rightly wanted to stretch himself as he clearly was ambitious. So he took the pots of money Roman gave him and a project that seemed exciting to him.

top man...but more likely the money than the stretch as he stretched himself winning the CL with Porto although the Prem is a harder league to win the CL with a team like Porto to me is a big achievement.

I don't see Porto sobbing into their hankies too much, thanks to Jose's depature they flogged a lot of their players off for simply exhorbitant amounts and have just celebrated winning yet another league title.

I dont know how their fans feel, I dont know if their new man came in and got the stick Grant does here but as you say they have done well without him as we will...maybe they got behind the new man and never helped the press or opposition fans destablize him?

Still it's all history now we are never going to know for certain.

True enough.

Archived