Grant blames Jose

quizgod

Grant is now blaming Jose for his failings/problems.

He states due to Jose inabilities as a manager, he inherited a team with no direction.

Yes we were fifth at that time, level on points with Manure and 2 points behind Arse, but now we are 2nd and 5 points behind manure, and Grant says that is down to him turning chelsea around.

What planet is this guy on.

So he's also insane ? 300.gif

“Realistically, we did not have a chance from Day 1 I was here, as there was always a team above us with more points than Chelsea,” he said. “When I received the team, I don't think anyone, including the Prime Minister of England, could see us in the position we're in now. We came from nowhere to fight for the championship and I think we've done a great job until now.

I'm starting to feel afraid.

“We have an important league game at Everton and then have five days to think about the Champions League, which we say all the time is the main target,” Grant said.“It's always been the target and we're in a good position.”

More revisionism from Mr Grant. I don't recall him saying that before. Anyone else remember?

A couple of interesting comments, the first from St. Helens (Merseyside) of all places:

Chelsea were linked with pursuing Torres & Tevez we got Shevcenko instead. Mourinho was not happy to be Abramovich's puppet, Grant is.

How can you argue with that?

And the second, Bob from London:

I dont understand chelsea fans! they want to win every game .. blah blah .. bollox bollox .. bull-sh*t bull-sh*t ...

Probably a cockney red or cockney scouse. Another one of those twats who's so fond of spouting their idiot mouths off about matters they know f**kall about and that have f**kall to do with them. LIKE that mouthy manc and those couple of scouse gits who polluted this forum after the Wigan game.

Typical revisionist clap trap from Grant trying to heap any failings since his arrival on Jose.

His words don't surprise me in the slightest any more - when backed into a corner he does the only thing he can do - blame Mourinho and hope no one notices that half the stuff he is saying is misinformation or frankly ridiculous.

So the league was shot to hell was it in September when we were level with Man Utd at the time and only a few points off the lead?

What about the draws since Grant took over and the losses? Don't they count towards the title race or it it only Jose's bad results that cause us to be where we are now?

Yeah right pull the other one its got bells on Avram.

Off the top of my head, I can think of three draws - Villa, Spuds and Wigan that never ever in a million years would have happened under Jose.

4-4 draws where we give up a lead 2, 3 or 4 times in a match was unthinkable. And the result against Wigan absolutely astounds me, as Grant had absolutely no option on his bench to close down the match - i mean, that is schoolyard stuff.

Imagine where we would be now if those three draws were three wins. That would be 6 more points, and we would be 4 points clear on top at the moment. And you would just know that Jose would get a result against United.

What the club needs to do now is sort things out so that we are not saying the same things again next year.

We need to hire a manager who has the full support of the club hierachy and has the full respect of the players. I doubt whether Grant has anything like either of these at the moment.

What the club needs to do now is sort things out so that we are not saying the same things again next year.

We need to hire a manager who has the full support of the club hierachy and has the full respect of the players. I doubt whether Grant has anything like either of these at the moment.

I think with Mourinho at the end he lost the support of some of the hierarchy (the most important being Roman) but had the total support and respect of the fans, players and senior coaching staff.

Grant has the support of the hierarchy (well the most important one) and has never acquired the total support of the fans, players and senior coaching staff.

And therein lies the conundrum for Chelsea. And they are hoping that if Grant wins something those problems will disappear.

May be they will may be they wont but it still doesn't change my annoyance at his constant referrals to Jose's regime in a negative way to bolster his own self esteem when he then carries on about "respecting the past" when asked outright about Mourinho.

The word hypocrite springs to mind.

Off the top of my head, I can think of three draws - Villa, Spuds and Wigan that never ever in a million years would have happened under Jose.

4-4 draws where we give up a lead 2, 3 or 4 times in a match was unthinkable. And the result against Wigan absolutely astounds me, as Grant had absolutely no option on his bench to close down the match - i mean, that is schoolyard stuff.

Imagine where we would be now if those three draws were three wins. That would be 6 more points, and we would be 4 points clear on top at the moment. And you would just know that Jose would get a result against United.

I would add Everton at home to that - he just stood and watched when Cahill came on and scored within minutes

Okay, I said I would cover this, now I will.

“Realistically, we did not have a chance from Day 1 I was here, as there was always a team above us with more points than Chelsea,” he said. “When I received the team, I don't think anyone, including the Prime Minister of England, could see us in the position we're in now. We came from nowhere to fight for the championship and I think we've done a great job until now.

“We feel pressure all the time, but it is a good pressure and I don't want to live without it. If Manchester United take the title, I will be the first to congratulate them, but at the moment I will not give up. We're still fighting and still believe we can do it. Nobody told me I have to deliver a trophy, but I want to more than others. Compared to when I received the club, the situation is good.”

This I don't understand...

All he needs to say is, "I stand by my record" or something like that and most people will nod and say "fair enough". But what his come out with simply antagonizes the fans and is only going to make things worse for him.

Coming out and saying "When I received the team, I don't think anyone, including the Prime Minister of England, could see us in the position we're in now" is really stupid because its so obvious and easilly countered by saying something along the lines of "the expectations were only so low because you were appointed manager" and that would be difficult to argue with (even for me icon_wink.gif).

Saying the situation has improved since he took over isn't really saying much considering it could be argued he was at least partially the reason the situation was so bad when he took over. It's like killing an animal, raising their child and then claiming your a good samaritan because you raised it's child.

“We know the position of the club,” Grant said. “I do not think the money will be a problem if we find a good player, or players, to bring in. It could be £80million or £100million, but we do not have the advantage of two or three years ago. We know Man United also spend money, in my opinion Arsenal will also buy and Liverpool also. We will do the same. We're happy with what happened this year but want to improve it.

I'd say this comments are reasonably fair, though I think showing the clubs hand in the transfer market is a bad idea, ever club we deal with is going to now push as much of the 80-100million out of us as possible.

“The advantage that we had two or three years ago, when all the big clubs in Europe did not have money, including Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona and Real Madrid, has gone. Money was not the issue here. Three years ago when a player was big money, he was yours. Now it has changed. I don't think that Barcelona, for example, will give Messi away even for big money.”

I agree its a tougher market than it was 3 years ago when we were the only side with money to spend. However, I don't beleive the very top players who are allready settled at big clubs were necesarilly any easier to land then than they are now.

“We have an important league game at Everton and then have five days to think about the Champions League, which we say all the time is the main target,” Grant said. “It's always been the target and we're in a good position.”

This little tid bit more than anything really makes Grant look foolish in the eyes of fans who know better.

seems a pretty desperate situation for him, as if he is appealing directly to abramovich and the board.

I agree with G4 with his sentiments below and suggest this could be a very very very bad development if true for our Champions League hopes this season.

i actually have a little symapthy for him. theirs been times this season where the players have tried to do what they did under jose, score one then finish the game. unfortunately grant doesnt have the tactical skill or the ability to encourage the players from the bench. i think thats where a lot has gone wrong. so i sort of agree on that point. but the rest is a bit ridiculous.

And therein lies the conundrum for Chelsea. And they are hoping that if Grant wins something those problems will disappear.

If you mean Roman when you say "they", then I'm not so sure. I honestly believe Roman is getting/has been bored with it all for some time. Especially now there's a chorus of people telling him he can't play with his own toy any way he damn well pleases. Wouldn't bother me a bit if he sailed off into the sunset as any new owner would have to assume the debt in the purchase. What really frightens me is Roman punishing us (moreso than he's doing already with installing his mate) and simply refusing to invest in any players and letting the club disintegrate. And yes, he does appear to be that egotistical based on current goings on at the club.

Grant should just learn that trying to blame Jose for anything (be it valid or not) is not going to aid him in any popularity contest so he should just shut up.

As for Roman getting bored, who knows? But a guy who has invested upward of £500 million and looks set to pump even more cash in to support his mate, doesn't seem the actions of a guy who has had his fill of football just yet.

Although he may get fed up if he has a few years of messy underachievement - I'm not saying that will happen to us but if it does then I wonder how well Roman will take it.

His philosophy seems to be that if you throw enough money at something eventually it will work, that and trying to get the best players money can buy for your team. Roman isn't used to going without silverware but he hankers after style and it I'll be very interested to see what happens if Grant stays what direction the club will be going in.

But a guy who has invested upward of £500 million and looks set to pump even more cash in to support his mate, doesn't seem the actions of a guy who has had his fill of football just yet.

I'll give you that. But I honestly believe it has more to do with him wanting to be "right" rather than actually caring. Football was a thrill for him when he was married with kids. Now he's got some new 20 yr old model girlfriend, well, who wouldn't be looking for other forms of entertainment icon_eek.gif

"Qaz"

This I don't understand...

All he needs to say is, "I stand by my record" or something like that and most people will nod and say "fair enough". But what his come out with simply antagonizes the fans and is only going to make things worse for him.

Coming out and saying "When I received the team, I don't think anyone, including the Prime Minister of England, could see us in the position we're in now" is really stupid because its so obvious and easilly countered by saying something along the lines of "the expectations were only so low because you were appointed manager" and that would be difficult to argue with (even for me icon_wink.gif).

Saying the situation has improved since he took over isn't really saying much considering it could be argued he was at least partially the reason the situation was so bad when he took over. It's like killing an animal, raising their child and then claiming your a good samaritan because you raised it's child.

That's what gets me about Grant, he doesn't need to say this sort of stuff, he could as you say that he stands by the work he's done so far and leave it that. But no, he has to try and make himself look better by blaming Mourinho and yet this is the same guy that has hired a PR guru to try and make himself more personable and media friendly to the press and presumably then the fans. icon_rolleyes.gif His statement above is just ridiculous because we were firstly in MID SEPTEMBER six games in and only a few points off the lead so who the hell is he trying to kid that no one gave us a chance to challenge for the title and possibly win it?

Follow that logic and Fergie should also have thrown in the towel there and then because they were level on points with us at the time Jose left! And surely letting Mourinho go at that point hardly helped matters so in effect his appointment was probably responsible for a lot of the instablity in the first damn place. Sometimes I wonder if Grant actually spends any time thinking about what he's saying and how easily it can be pulled apart and seen for the crock of misleading sh*t it often is.

But a guy who has invested upward of £500 million and looks set to pump even more cash in to support his mate, doesn't seem the actions of a guy who has had his fill of football just yet.

I'll give you that. But I honestly believe it has more to do with him wanting to be "right" rather than actually caring. Football was a thrill for him when he was married with kids. Now he's got some new 20 yr old model girlfriend, well, who wouldn't be looking for other forms of entertainment icon_eek.gif

Think you might have a very valid point there.

We are never going to know really what is going on as the man himself never seems to want to communicate with the fans sadly.

If Roman's not careful though wanting to be proved "right" with Grant at the helm could prove a serious misjudgement long term.

Time will tell.

Archived