Ferdinand

Riccardo

If you would believe the TV commentators during today's game, they would have you believe that Rio Ferdinand will be the next England captain. Based on the way he has conducted himself during today's game (and recent games), I find it very difficult to understand how he could be considered a captain ahead of JT, or even Steven Gerrard for that matter. He clearly does not have the composure to handle big games as a captain.

Hopefully Capello will have taken notice of his hissy fit at Mikel, which led to him being restrained by his team mates...really classy stuff from the Merk-man.

JT, in contrast, ushered his players away from the ref, and got on with the job. happy0034.gif

How Ferdinand didnt get booked for approaching the ref throughout the game I'll never know. I also find it funny that Capello has said Rooney has the potential to become England captain.

*Edit* Just seen that he did indeed get booked smack_head.gif

CAPELLO

You stupid sh*t, if you think Ferdinand 'respects' and is a good role model...

80869574lw9.jpg

Book your place the 'Worst England Manager Ever' catagory by appointing that c**t captain.

Jesus Christ, Capello clearly has a screw loose.

Hopefully Capello will have taken notice of his hissy fit at Mikel, which led to him being restrained by his team mates...really classy stuff from the Merk-man.

JT, in contrast, ushered his players away from the ref, and got on with the job. happy0034.gif

great point- I was delighted to see JT keep his players away from the ref. I hope cap was watching.

Here's the Telegraph talking him up - hilariously bad timing after today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... pad227.xml

Rio Ferdinand matures into dream leader

By Patrick Barclay

At 29 he is the national captaincy candidate we dreamed he would become when Harry Redknapp eased him into the West Ham side as a teenager.

Apparently he's 'much stronger in the air than JT'.

Well, night out is exaggerating it to be honest...just a pint at the pub with some mates, but anyway...got back a few hours ago. smack_head.gif

GTM+2 is the time. Just watched the highlights from our match against the Mancs. Now I could go to sleep with a smile on my face. If I could get some sleep that is. sadwalk.gif

• 2 weeks later...
“Who Fabio Capello chooses is Fabio’s choice. But Rio in the last couple of seasons at United has led in a mature way.

“He is a huge enthusiast as a captain, which we saw in that England-France game.

“Rio is someone who is increasingly trying to calm players if he feels they are getting a rush of blood to the head.

“He is demonstrating that calmness and authority. That’s a very, very powerful and positive thing to see.”

(click here for the full article)

Someone who is increasingly trying to calm players? But who will calm him down when he's getting one of those rushes of blood to the head? If I were English, I'd be furious if Rio would be named as the English captain.

Archived