David Albelda

yogic

"The subject is in the hands of my agent," Albelda told Las Provincias.

"I have received an offer and Chelsea are sensational, but Valencia want money for me."

Sky Sports

Seriously! If true, W T F is going on here? Why are we opening a retirement community?!

:angry: For flip sake, I agree with you Yogic, a lot of hungry young players are thrusting theirselves to the front of the window during these Championships... and we're after a 30 year old? Stupid.

Come on!

Even if it has something to do with Maka's exit, we have an Obi Mikel to replace him. And if he is still not good enough to become a regular, there are some great defensive midfielders out there in the market, for example : Veloso.

I understand that Scolari is here only for 4-5 years as he doesn't want to go beyond that, but, it doesn't mean we have to sign players that around for 4-5 years also!

Look for hungry players Chelsea! ::clap2:: (Glad to see these emoticons coming back slowly :D)

Well I've never heard of him before so that's not a good start.

And the fact that he's 30 just makes it worse!

WHAT ARE WE DOING?!

Peter Kenyon's flow chart on acquiring new players:

1. Do we have a need for position? If yes, proceed to 2. If no, is player so talented that need is outweighed? If yes, proceed to 2. If no, stop.

2. Is player talented enough to fit into Chelsea mold? If yes, proceed to 3. If no, stop.

3. Is transfer fee economically feasible? If yes, proceed to 4. If no, stop.

4. Does player have personal desire to play for Chelsea? If yes, proceed to 5. If no, stop.

5. Are player's personal terms acceptable? If yes, proceed to 6. If no, stop.

6. Has Ruh Buh Juh heard of him? If yes, acquire player. If no, stop.

for piss sake, friend. you're blocking our team's transfers single-handedly.

The full interview? Chelsea not mentioned anywhere!

“It’s my obligation to listen to offers because Valencia are after money for me,†he told Valencian newspaper Las Provincias.

“What’s for sure is it being difficult for them to reach an agreement. Until now all there has been is interest but nothing concrete.

AdTech Ad

“Right now I’m on holiday and I don’t want to know about any of this.

“I’m a Valencia player, I have a contract with them and I’ll only get involved when it’s time to sign something, if in the end there’s an agreement.â€

Albelda is looking to move away after being dropped from the Valencia first team by Koeman last season, after which he sat out most of the team’s disappointing campaign.

The club’s new coaching staff have said they want Albelda to stay, but the midfielder insists it is too late to repair the damage.

“Valencia should have considered me an important player in December, not now,†he continued.

“That’s what I would have liked, that they had thought about this the day they took the decision to kick me out of the first team and throw the club’s values to the floor.

“Honestly I don’t feel nor can I feel important to them (the club directors).â€

Link

Well since we've sold Makelele, if his prepared to come in on a free transfer for a reasonable wage and not demand a first tream role, then I say why not?.

His better than Sidwell (whose also been sold remember)

your wrong ballack & blu. he was one of the best players in la liga for 2 or 3 seasons, and was an automatic choice for the national team with about 50 caps i think. if hes willing to come and be a squad player for a nominal fee then i think hes exactly what we need. he plays defensive mid now but was a very attack minded player a couple of years ago. id be more than happy to see him arrive at the bridge. remember, we got maka when he was 30, and i cant remember too many people complaining about signing an old player then. and if i remember rightly, he did pretty well for us....

your wrong ballack & blu. he was one of the best players in la liga for 2 or 3 seasons, and was an automatic choice for the national team with about 50 caps i think. if hes willing to come and be a squad player for a nominal fee then i think hes exactly what we need. he plays defensive mid now but was a very attack minded player a couple of years ago. id be more than happy to see him arrive at the bridge. remember, we got maka when he was 30, and i cant remember too many people complaining about signing an old player then. and if i remember rightly, he did pretty well for us....

The guy is 30 and not even that good. Sounds like Laudrup, Deschamps, who was that italian guy?, all over again. We can buy young high profile players so why dont we?? If you want flair dont buy Albelda!

Of course in principle, there's nothing wrong with signing a decent veteran for a nominal fee, but IF Maka is going, then now is the time to give Mikel and Essien some much needed game time in the midfield, which his departure would allow. We have to take a leap of faith with these 'young' players at some point, and give them a proper run at their preferred position, playing in both the hard and easy games or we will see them disenchanted and keen to ply their trade elsewhere.

The guy is 30 and not even that good. Sounds like Laudrup, Deschamps, who was that italian guy?, all over again. We can buy young high profile players so why dont we?? If you want flair dont buy Albelda!

Ambrosini, della bona, or Punucci

This signing would seem abit weird in my book. An aging out of form Spaniard. Essien is the natural successor to Makalele. My advice would be to keep Maka for one more season to really spend some serious one to one time with Essien to learn the position this coming season. Hopefully the signing of Bosingwa will end his days as a right back.

Archived